Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

scared!

i am 12 weeks pregnant with identical twins who look like they share the same sac and placenta! im worried that its been branded a high risk pregnancy and have managed to work myself into a state so i would love to hear some possitive stories please.

xxx

Replies

• Hi congratulations first of all, i have non id girls so cant help that much but didntwant to R &R. I was originally told i was carrying mcma twins the same as you and mine turned out to be dcda (separate sac and placenta lol) so try not to panic too much as you are still quite early so its not always possible to tell till about 16 weeks.

Next, there are other ladies with id's on here and they are lovely and i am sure they will help as much as possible, as we all will.

I am sure they explained that the reason that you are "high risk" is because of the risk of ttts but i would try not to work yourself up about it at the mo, I also would not recommend looking at too much on the net as it can scare you for no reason.

You may/may not have heard about TAMBA.org.uk they are meant to be pretty good for multiple mums so you may want to take a look on there too.

Sorry i cant be more helpful, but like i said congratulations, twins are a true blessing xx

Sarah (mummy to fraternal 7 months girls)
  • Sorry this is short but lo sick will post more when better.

I have id twins but MrsGG had mcma twins and had lovely girls. i know of others at twin club.

will speak more soon congrats xxDBxx
  • Hi ya.
    We are at the 17 wk stage. When we had our first scan they said it looked like only one placenta and was difficult to tell wether it was one sac. We just had a scan a couple of weeks ago and it's seperate sac's. There is a very fine membrane dividing them. As long as they are both growing at the same speed there should'nt be any problems. Our next scan is in 2 weeks time. This will be a regular thing now.
    Don't panic. Your doctor will scan you every 2 weeks.
    I'll keep you posted on mine.
    Ali
  • Hi again how are you? as Cuttsy said it can be easy to miss the dividing sac line at the 12 week scan, you should be scanned at 16 weeks. If we can be of any help let us know xxDBxx
  • Hi

I'm expecting MCDA twins so totally understand what you are going through. The most important thing for you is regular monitoring which it sounds like you are getting which is fab. We are having some complications at the moment (fortunately not TTTS). I don't want to scare you but just to say 2 things:

1) I don't mean to scare you but, with the greatest respect, local hospitals have very little experience of MCDA twins (if they confirm that's what you are having) If you end up having a normal MCDA pregnancy you will be absolutely fine. If they spot anything slightly different at any of your scans, they will refer you. If this happens, please don't think the worst like we did. It's just because they are not the experts. As soon as we saw the experts, we were very comforted and we are getting fantastic care across our local and referral hospital now - I can't praise them enough

2) Be prepared to take things easy. This is my first pregnancy so I don't really know any different but I do know that my tummy is growing at a rate of knots, I'm not too uncomfortable but am very tired. Make the most of the fact that you are "special" and milk it for all it's worth! I've now finished work and am loving putting my feet up.

3) Post or email if you have any questions at all. Everyone on here is lovely and are always willing to help and support

Take care and good luck

Amy 23+4
  • Hi,I can't help too much either as I'm 18+3 with DCDA twins (2 placenta's and sacs) but just wanted to say that I'm also classed as high risk purely because it's twins,not just because they think something will go wrong!

The hospitals/midwives really aren't very knowing about twins,so far all my answers have come from the girls on here,not my midwife as she just doesn't know. I've spent hours searching the net for twin info and I' have come across some useful sites.

As the others say,you will be closely monitored throughout so please don't panic (easy to say I know,i spent at least 2 weeks panicking!) and don't feel scared to post any questions on here.

K 18+3 xx

Ps trying4babyM,I've had 2 pregnancies previously and can confidently inform you that I feel twice as tired this time round with twins lol!! x
  • Thanks Spittingfairy. Have just noticed my baby brain means I can no longer count (although I can confirm the number of babies I am expecting is correct!!!) image