Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Any Advice Twin Mums

The boys are out and so far so good, feeding well every 4 hours and sleeping in between feeds. Have been putting them in a crib during the day and swaddling them seperately. Last night put them down in a cotbed wrapped together but both were restless so restorted to placing them in seperate moses baskets and swaddling them which seemd to work better. Luke (14months) so far has been OK with the boys, not sure how I will manage when hubby at work as at least at the mo one of us can watch Luke whilst the other feeds, changes etc. Max has been quite restless when sleeping, but is asleep. They doing plenty of nappies, and getting the rest of my breast milk and introducing formula. Hopefully everything will carry and fall into some sort of routine. if anyone has any suggestions or useful hints or tips please pass them on.

Replies

• Hi
    I????ve been following the boys progress on here and just wanted to say many congratulations and I????m glad you have them home now.
    I????m due twin boys in Mid-January (we thought they were ID but now the placentas seem to have separated so maybe not) .

I????d love to see the pictures of the boys of Face book but aren????t sure of your details.

My name is Carly Boynton.

Can I have your name to add you as a friend. It would be great to stay in touch.

XX
  • Sure name Justine Ainsworth,

boys doing well so far today they woke at 7am and fed, my little boy woke at 8am which was good, and spent day with childminder. They then slept and then fed again about 11am. Slept then until 2.30pm I went off to fetch the boy and hubby stayed and fed and changed them both. Poor hubby ended up with feeding one putting him down to feed the other and the first puked everywhere so he had to change completely and then continue to feed the other one. Luke had tea with us then bath and in bed by 7.10pm. Boys due next feed at about 8pm. On the whole takes about 1 hr to feed and change both boys. Normally they wind well and settle back down well. Sleeping at night in sepertae moses baskets and during the day they are in swing crib. Managaed to borrow lots of stuff of friends. Not sure what will happen when I alone plus I have a 14 month old. Decided to put Luke in a playpen with toys, but make the playpen a good place to be, and then perhaps for the second twin when feeding him go to the bedroom where Lukes toys are and feed second twin on the bed whilst Luke plays otherwise he will end up being in playpen for an hour. Hopefully feed time will get quicker. Who knows hubby off for two weeks then hopefully mother will be up. Good luck with pregnancy, post soon.