Forum home Babies Twins & multiples

MRSG?

Hi Mrs G

How are you?

Wanted to ask a question re your pregnancy....how far gone are you and are you expecting identical twins?

xx

Replies

• Hi there! Yep - I'm expecting identical twins (don't know the sex yet). I'm 19 + 5, so about half-way through. Bump is growing nicely! How about you? Em
  • Hi Em

Just wanted to ask what symptoms you are experiencing? My friend is also expecting twins and her activity is completly different to mine. Her's are non-identical so firstly hasnt got the worry about ttts. Do you feel yours move every day? Im not, but my friend does nearly every hour! I am also starting to get a pain just above my pubic bone. It firstly started just when I stood up and now its there all the time, even when walking. I called my midwive about it and she dismissed me even calling saying it was normal. (am not overly keen on my midwive).

xxxx
  • Whoops, pregnancy memory strikes again - I got my dates wrong. I am in fact 18 weeks+ 6 (not 19+6). Will be 19 wks tomorrow.

ttts is a worry with identical twins - but so far my 2 are almost exactly the same size, which is reassuring. Down's was the other worry since I'm 37 (38 in 2 weeks!), however the consultant said we were normal for that (from the nuchal scan).

Symptoms - well to be honest, I've been pretty lucky and not had that much to complain about. No real morning sickness (nothing that marmite toast doesn't get rid of anyway!). I've not felt them kick yet but am waiting in anticipation! It's my first pregnancy so no real idea what to look out for.

I know what you mean about the pains in your lady-bits though. I keep getting odd pains pretty much where you've described. My midwife said it was normal & most likely growing pains. They come and go, so I try not to worry. I'm lucky that I see the consultant every 2 weeks, so I tend to ask him more questions than my midwife. But I'd keep on at your midwife if you are concerned, or book an appt with the doctor. I don't think you should be worried, probably lots of the ladies on here will tell you they had the exact same thing!

The only symptom I do have which is slightly distressing is a bit of leaking down below (tmi sorry). I thought we only got that after the birth & have been trying to do my pelvic floor exercises! Has your friend had that - I wondered if the weight of the twins on your bladder had anything to do with it. Sorry, bit gross.

Overall, all is well although I still can't quite get over the fact I'm having id twins....! I did say I wanted 2 kids before I got to my 40th, so I think it's just good project management to have them at the same time!

Em xx

• Do you know what your measurements are? Im told that I am measuring 30 wks, I am actualy 21+5wks (thats my tummy, not the babies!)
    xxx
  • Hi - I'm actually bang on with the measurements from the scan, the last scan was 16 weeks and one twin was 16+2 and the other 15+5 I think. Did you mean the size of your actual tummy? Not sure about that, how do you work it out? My bump is quite nice and neat at the mo, but seems to have grown rapidly in the last few weeks! I've been away with work for 3 days and hubby was amazed at the size of my tummy when I got back.

Did you say you'd felt them yet? I've felt something for the past few days, almost like tiny electric shocks which actually tickle. I'm not sure if I'm imagining it or whether it's teeny tiny kicks.
  • Hi Em

Yeah I meant my tummy. The midwive measured from the top of the bump to the top of my pubic bone. She said that 1cm is approximately a week of pregnancy. If I was carrying a single baby she said that I am averaging 30wks, although its nothing to worry about as its twins.

Yes I have started to feel movement. Hubby cant feel anything from the outside as yet but I can feel wave type movements inside. My hubby works away Monday to Friday and every week says ive grown!!

xxx
  • Hi
    I can definitel feel kicks now! According to our last scan, the twins are lying across my tummy with both heads on one side, so I'm getting more kicks on one side than the other which is quite wierd. It's lovely to feel them though.

Going back in another 2 weeks for a scan on the 27th so I should get to see them again.

Em x