Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Crying

Hi ladies after some advice again.

At times both of my beautiful babies kick off at the same time. Sometimes it is because they are both hungry or so,sometimes they are just grizzly and at others they both want very different things such as a change and a cuddle or food and overtired.

My question is how do you manage it? I try to go to the one who I know I can deal with quickest i.e if Im feeding and the other needs a change I will pop one in the bouncer and change the other then go back to feeding. At other times I will finish a feed while rocking the other with my foot in their crib.

It can be 15 minutes that 1 is crying, I dont ignore them completely I do talk to them try to stroke them and rock them but I keep reading how leaving babis to cry damages them as adults and Im driving myself insane worrying that I will have 2 insecure, sad children in a few years time.

HELP!!!

Replies

• Options
    You are doing a fantastic job! Us twin mummies have to deal with this as we dont have 4 hands! You are doing nothing wrong. I never thought I would be able to say that I am used to crying but I am!

Secondly, you are not 'leaving them to cry'. You are there, you are trying to soothe and you are being reassuring. Thats not leaving them. They wont be insecure or sad, but they may end up being more patient! lol!

I do exactly the same as you, although I have a different issue in that my boys have very different personalities (odd for ID twins maybe?). Alfie is very demanding and Ryan is very laid back so I often find myself going to Alfie straight away as I know he will cry whereas Ryan will wait. Dont want Ryan thinking he's second best! lol!!

I never realised how difficult this twin parenting would be! lol!

Try not to worry. You are doing the best with what you have and you are doing a fab job xxx
  • Options
    Thankyou just need someone to put it into perspective sometimes x
  • Options
    Gemma, wrote a great reply, but i just want to say, im sure your doing great!! Babies do cry and it cant be helped. Mine are nearly 1 now and i've had tonnes of those moments. x
  • Options
    I quite often leave one to cry while I sort one out... Sometimes when I am sorting one baby out the other stops crying on their own - now they are 7 months I find them doing it more for attention anyway. AND they cry everytime I leave the room anyway!

I'm not super woman and don't have 4 arms (unfortunately) I just do my best. I'm sure you are doing great hun.

xx