Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

dribbling

I think I have finally managed to master feeding my 10 week old twins together with the help of some pillows. The problem is that they seem t dribble quite a lot when fed propped up. I am sure that it is not really a huge amount but I just wondered if anyone else had this problem.

I am also not sure that they are drinking as much as if I fed them individually. We are still feeding at 11, 3am and 7 so really want them to have max food in the day...although it feels like we will never loose the night feeds at the moment. Any tips?

Replies

• Dont have any tips but mine also dribble, whether im feeding them separately or together.

Also, the boys are 4 months on Friday and I still feed at 10.30pm, 3am and 7am. Doesnt seem like it will get better but im sure it will!
  • Mine have always dribbled and are still quite messy drinkers

No advice but I'm sure you will lose the night feeds eventually. I'd have thought,if they are feeding well in the day, the 3am feed will go in the next 4-6 weeks (or might get pushed later and later and end up being around 6am

xx
  • i wouldn't worry - i think they all dribble loads - even the singletons...

mine twins are 19 months now - and still enjoy a good dribble - but they refuse to wear a bib now - so no white tops for those two monkeys!!!

xxx
  • Ha Bunty - we have a "no bib" policy too. They pull each others off if I put one on them. I just have a muslin handy to catch the drips!

xx