Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

twin girls - UPDATED with Birth Story

WELL MY DARLING DAUGHTERS WERE BORN ON FRIDAY 16TH JANUARY BY ELECTIVE SECTION.

TWIN 1 BORN AT 15.22 WEIGHING 6LB 2oz called Laoise (Lee-sha) Rose
Twin 2 BORN AT 15.26 WEIGHING 6LB 8OZ called Ella Mae.

Well I finally got home yesterday at 8.00pm on Day 6!!

I arrived at hospital at 9.00 am on Friday 16th and after routine monitoring and a couple of emergency sections before me i was bought down to theatre after two (not sure exactly). Although I had a emergency section before I was more nervous this time as I awaied the anaethetist (sp). Shakling like a leaf and sweating buckets !! Anyway it all happened very quickly and the girls were born 4 mins apart.

Laoise was firat and cried as soon as she came out. DH tol me we had another girl. Ella who was breech all the way through pregnancy but turned for 34 week scan and was still head down at 36 week scan had turned again in last 2 weeks and was born breech!! It took a couple of seconds for her to cry.Again DH told me we had our third daughter - I was extremely emotional, glad they were both here safely and I bawled like a baby.

Both girls were well but their temperature and blood sugars were slightly low. DH went with Midwives to Special Care where they were put in an incubator and I was stiched and in recovery before returning to ward an hour later.

It felt like a lifetime (couple of hours) before the incubator was bought to my bedside where they remained until they were taken for the night so that I could rest. 6.00am they returned to me in a cot and they are doing really well since.

The girls are fine and I am recovering well from the section and the wound is good. However I am unlucky enough to have developed PEP - which is Polymorphic Eruption in Pregnancy. A rash which comes at the end of the third trimester and more common in multiple pregnancies. It is extremely itchy and started on abdomen spreading to legs and arms. sI am on steroid cream and it should be gone in 2-3 weeks !! :\(

After having to be kept in an extra couple of days while I awaited to see a dermatologist we finally are home and settling into routine.

I will post pictures on seperate thread.

[Modified by: mugwia on 24 January 2009 00:27:18 ]

Replies