Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Quad update

Hi
Not sure if any of you remember me, my best friend is pregnant with quads and so I just thought I would pop in to let you know how they are all doing. She is now 13 weeks pregnant and mother and babies are all doing well. She did have a scare last week as she had a bleed but it looks like it was jsut old blood.
She has seen her consultant and he has planned the following, weekly scans, a stitch in her cervix to help, hospital admission between 24 and 28 weeks and delivery at 32 weeks, that is what they are aiming for and I am so pleased they are looking after her.
Her GP has signed her off at the moment as she has been so sick and because of the bleed so she is taking it easy!
I will update soon. Hope you are all well with your pregnancies and babies
Rhian x

Replies

• Hi there

Just read your post and wanted to send your best friends lot of warm wishes and finges crossed that everything goes smoothly for her.

I am currently 32 + 3 with triplets and can imagine what she is going through, not just physically but emotionally.

My advice for her is to really really take it easy and only do what you need to do - remember that her most important task is to get her babies to 32 weeks and nothing else matters compared to that.

I really wish her lots of luck and look forward to hearing an update.

S x
  • Thats fabulous news that your friend is doing well. I'm finding it a hard slog just with 2 babies on the way!! It's great that she's being looked after too, I'm sure i heard somewhere that when you have quads you can be assigned a helper by the health authority to help out. Although it could one of those urban myths!!
    Squibly, don't think we've spoken before, wow pregnant with triplets! I hope you are taking things easy too xx
  • Hey DJ

I feel that at the moment all i can do is take it easy!! I feel so big and uncomfortable and am counting down the days to my c-section (18.05.10).

However i feel blessed to have been able to carry my brood this far and am determined to hang on for the next two weeks!!!

Hope you are enjoying your twin pregnancy - how long have you got left?

S x
  • Hi butterfly

feel like i have taken over this thread and that wasn't my intention!!

I will be 34 weeks and 3 days when i have my c-section (34 weeks is usual delivery time for triplets as space starts getting a bit limited after that!!)

Yes this is my first pregnancy - i was given clomid to boost my ovulation and had IUI fertility treatment. Initially at 7 weeks i was told twins and then at my 12 week scan they found another bubba!!

Good luck with your pregnancy.

S x
  • Hi,
    I'm sure misspolar won't mind you hijacking the thread!! I'm 18+1, been told i've deliver no later than 38 weeks so counting down, only another 20 weeks to go!! The last 18 have flown by so i'm sure it'll go quickly!! I really do wish you the best of luck with your birth, you've got less than 2 weeks to go! And you'll have to post your BA in this forum too xx
  • Thanks ladies

Had a scan this am and babies doing really well and each weigh around 4lb.

Am on countdown now and whilst i am anxious about getting them here safely i am so excited to meet my babies.

They are all fraternal and we don't know the sexes so we could have a mix!

S x
  • so pleased to hear from you squibly - you have just done amazingly - well done - have you heard from hopeful? I keep hoping for an update but we havent heard from her for ages x
  • Hi, thanks for your replies I will definately tell my friend about the possibility of having some help, doesn't hurt to ask!
    Congratulations squibly on your triplets, not long for you to go now I bet your excited!
    Of course I don't mind you taking over the thread triplets are as rare as quads!
    Good luck with the c- section and the babies I hope you all are ok and if you do get the chance let us know how things are
    Rhian x
  • Hi Misspolar,
    I wanted to post as I was expecting quads myself last year. Sadly I got to 21 weeks & went in to labour. I see your friend is getting a stitch...that would have made all the difference! By 16 weeks I ended up getting signed off work & having a nap every day....I totally needed it.
    I wish your friend & everyone else who's currently pregnant the best of luck. xxxx