Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Braxton hicks!!!

Hi guys,sorry to be posting again!
how early did you start getting braxton hicks? i am 27+5 and thought that was quite early to start with braxton hicks!:\?:\?:\?

Replies

• I had them from very early on but it was my second pregnancy. I was signed off work from 24 weeks because they were quite strong and my consultant didn't want them to trigger pre-term labour. Take it easy!
  • dont know what happened to my last post!

thanks for replying kkng,this is my 4th pregnancy and the braxton hicks are quite strong but irregular!

i think i might of set them off with running round like a loony getting ready for the school hols,plus i had a fall which wont of helped!

i will have to start taking it easy from now on!

got a scan and consultation this week so will talk to them about it!

hope your ok x
  • I was teaching at the time so being on my feet and rushing around after kids made them worse. Being off work was definitely the right thing for me as we went all the way to induction at 37+2 and didn't have any need for special care. My two healthy babies were born weighing 7lbs 1oz and 5 lbs 13oz and came home with me after 2 days.
    Good luck!
  • Omg kkng!!!! 7lb 1oz!!!!! I was expecting my twins to be around 5lbs even if I make it as far as you!! Have been buying smaller clothes in preperation as my dd was 8lb 14oz & we have very little things that are newborn or 0-3months . . .

Sorry can't help with the braxton hicks, didn't get any till I was over 40 weeks with my dd.

I'm 27 weeks today though kerrie so we are quite close to eachother in weeks. When is your due date? Mine is the 24th oct but am preparing myself for them to come now I've finished work (school hols, don't start mat leave till beg of sept) and while I still have the energy!
  • kkng they are fantastic weights for your babies and you lasted out a long time!how old are your twins now?

loopy loo, i am due on 18th october so there is only 6 days between us!i am expecting non-identical twin boys,how about you?

my bags are packed and ready to go,thought i would do mine early as i have a 4,5 and 8 year old to entertain during the hols!plus i didnt think it would be a good idea to leave it until they went back to school as i would be 34 weeks then and thats pushing it in my eyes!

hows your pregnancy going?only niggle i have had is heartburn and early bh so coping pretty well!

on the clothes front i havent bought any tiny baby clothes,just newborn and 0-3 months!you cant guarantee how big the babies are gonna be,so i figured my partner could nip out and by smaller clothes if needed!my singleton boys were 8lbers so i am expecting decent sized babies this time around,and the consultant agreed!

sorry for banging on,hope you have a good pregnancy!

kerrie 27+6

• Hi,

I'm expecting a boy & a girl image I have a daughter who has just turned 2, it's great we can use all of the stuff we have plus we get to experience having a boy.

I picked up a new toothbrush and shower stuff today for my bag, and have washed baby clothes to take to the hospital so getting there slowly with my bag/s! Last time I had separate ones for me & the baby, am guessing I'll do the same again. I agree that 34 weeks would be pushing it! My daughter still naps during the afternoon so I have time to do bits then.

By tiny clothes, I mean newborn/0-3!! I was bought sets from work that are up to 1month too. My dd was 8lb 15oz when born & started to wear 3-6 month stuff from about 6-8 weeks!!

I find I have good & bad days, I have days where I feel really good & do lots but then pay for it the next day by feeling really tired and lethargic. If I pace myself I'm ok but its so tricky to not use the energy when I have it!! I'm struggling with the heat too, I keep having to have cool baths as the only way to cool down as I cant seem to regulate my body temperature.

BUT from reading posts in due in oct I'm not doing any differently or in some cases am coping better than other people due near us who are growing 1 baby (no offense to them) so can't be doing too badly!

I haven't met my actual consultant yet, keep seeing different registrars. Am guessing its being so far (fingers crossed) I am not suffering with any pregnancy problems that are not usual niggles like fidgety legs and heartburn!

I have my glucose tolerance test next week though as my levels were slightly high at my booking in blood tests . . .

Lisa
  • ive read you can get them at any time,i didnt have them on my first pregnancy but my second pregnancy (twins) i only had them once and it scared me to death,i really thought i was going in to early labour,it was at 26wks and the pain was going in to my back and making me want to go to the loo,they was coming every 2-3 mins,after an hour i phoned the hospital and the lady said to relax have a cuppa take some painkillers and if its still there in a hour than to call back,anouther 40mins later they stopped,never been so scared in my life..... we apart from when they wanted out at 31wks :lol:
  • i havent met my consultant yet either!

had my glucose tolerance test on tuesday,it came back clear but i have been put on iron tablets!

had a scan today at 28+3 and babies are doing well and weighing roughly 3lb and 3lb 9oz!

so doing very well at the minute

hope you guys are doing well too and good luck with your glucose test loopyloo x