Forum home Babies Twins & multiples

Twin Prams???

Can anyone recommend any? Im quite picky!

Ok, so I have ruled out the iCandy Pear and Jane PowerTwin as I dont know if I want one child in front and one behind. Also, both of these are quite expensive, especially if you want children in carrycots as I will be walking a lot and dont want babies to spend a long time in carseats. Same with the Phil & Teds. Dont know if anyone has one but I dont like one baby to be under the other.

I dont want one that doesnt have carrycots as I dont like newborns, especially small ones like mine are likely to be, in seats that are not made for babies.

I have seen some I like - The Babystyle Lux twin is a nice one. Also, I have seen 2 on ebay, from Poland that I really like, by Twinstar and Tako.

Anyone got any experience of either of these 3 prams? Just trying to find out a bit about these makes and if anyone knows anyone who has one?

Gemma

Replies

• Hi.

Sorry have no experience of the two prams you said but just wondered why you ruled out one in front of the other. I bought a side by side but find with the pavements around here that its too wide also have problems getting into some shops as they are older style. However i do agree what you say about babys not being in car seats. I bought a full body hugger from nipper which hold babys head and does up between babys legs. it worked really well.

xxDBxx

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev352pf___.png

• We've bought the Icandy Pear for the same reason as doublebubble talks about (width of the side-by-sides).
    The seats are staggered so both babies can see out when using the seats and I have the carrycots too. We tried loads of side-by-side pushchairs and narrowed down to the First Wheels City Twin or the Baby Walker Duo which might be worth a look? I haven't heard of the ones you mention but all I would say is measure your front gate/door (open, allowing for hinges image). I didn't fancy getting the pram to the door and having to offload sleeping babies on the doorstep as the pram wouldn't fit in but if you have a wide door you should be OK with a side-by-side.
    We live in an old town with narrow paths and shop fronts so I wouldn't stand a chance with the side-by-sides we looked at
    We have also bought a Maclaren Techno which is suitable from birth and we will use for holidays/grandparents/outings when width of buggy is not an issue
  • I have also bought the icandy pear and love it! I didn't want a side by side buggy as they are wider and I thought I would struggle when out on my own. The icandy pear can be used in loads of different combinations including with the car seats which is perfect for us.

xx
  • When I went in to enquire about the iCandy Pear the lady gave me a book and a price of....??900!!! I couldnt believe it. That included carseats and carrycot footmuffs but, as I said before, ill be walking alot and dont want newborns in carseats so would need carrycots. The Jane is the same, although the other problem with the Jane is that only one of the seats is suitable from birth. I really want a carrycot, either 1 that fits both babies or a separated one.

Its so blooming confusing!! I dont have a totally limited spend but I definately cant justify spending ??900! The lack of twin prams is disgusting. You would think, with all the singles available that there would be a similar selection of twin prams, for 2 newborns but I cant seem to find any!!
  • i got the baby jogger city mini and i love it,its so light and easy to push and to fold the pram up is just brilliant,they is a strap that goes across both of the seats and you just pull the straps and the pram folds in two,only one draw back for you is that it doesnt have carry cots for it

sarah
  • I've got the first wheels city twin ready and waiting! I'm not a mummy of twins but will have 10 and a half months between my youngest 2.
    I love the first wheels city twin, its so light and easy to push BUT I dont drive so I didnt mind how bulky it was in the car. We can just about get it in our boot but wont be much room for anything else! Its complicated to fold down, both seats have to be taken off but other than that its lovely. I really wanted to be able to have the newborn in a carrycot facing me and my son can face either way in the seat which fully reclines.
    xx
  • Gem I got my icandy brand new off a lady I know in London for ??350! I ordered mine before xmas and had a long wait so she also threw in the extra car seat adaptors which are ??30 & two pink sun parasols for free!

If you are interested I can email you her details.....

We got our car seats off a friend for ??100 so it cost us ??450 in all. (I know you shouldn't get 2nd hand car seats, but I know they weren't in an accident).

xx

[Modified by: snowangel on April 15, 2009 10:31 AM]

• Hi - I have the ABC Design Zoom.. I love it, I have bought adaptors so my maxi cosi car seats fit on... Its a tandem pram, but both babies can face you, face out or face each other...

I can recommend it, I love it...

Sara x
  • Hi, I too have been looking at prams as i am expecting twins and have an 18month little girl. I think I've settled on an emmaljunga pram. Its a side by side and the body can be changed from rear to forward facing.
    There are 3 to chose from, having different chasis. You can also get a toddler board to fit. Also not as wide as some other makes.
    They are quite expensive as all doubles seem to be, but I have seen some on e bay if you don't mind second hand.
    Hope this helps.
  • I forgot about this post!

Well, after lots and lots of looking and testing we decided that all the ones I liked the look of on the net werent suitable. This made me think that the one I had seen on ebay wouldnt be what I wanted either and we would be stuck with it. Hubby had a play with the Nipper 360 and loved it. I had reservations as it still looked too much like an umbrella fold to me, until someone with a bright idea suggested using the Phil and Teds soft carrycots in it for when they are really small. They fit perfectly and make the buggy exactly what I want at half the price. This solved lots of problems so the Nipper 360 with Phil and Teds carrycots it is!!

Thanx for all the replies! xxx
  • i live in boston and there seems to be alot of people using the tako i've not had the experiance of using one but they look quite nice and pretty easy to manoeuvre. im having the dilema of the double buggy too because the same as you i would rather them be side by side not one behind or underneath i would prefer one with a carrycot so they can be nice and snug next to each other, i have been given one by my auntie not sure what make it is , its ok for a start but if i find one i like better i'll just leave that one at my mums

mummydube
    12+6
    x x x
  • Hey mummydube - How are you doing? Coming to terms with your shock yet!?

It took me ages - Ive known for 3 weeks now and it seems like forever and im still not used to it! Would love to chat as you are very similar in terms of twins and dates. Dont worry if not, I wont be offended!!!

Gemma - ID twins 13 + 5
  • Have you seen the matrix cup car seat for the Jane prams? They lie flat and sit up so its the best of both worlds. Also, the Jane strata car seats are different from ordinary ones and have an angle in it suitable for newborns so it doesnt restrict them.
  • CAn anyone tell me more about the ABC Zoom design for twins? I definetely don't want one child in the back (underneath!) and the other on top, but it seems that with this one, they can be at the same level? I prefer carry cots too at the beginning, and hopefully this can be converted into push chairs?  Also, is the Zoom not too heavy?? 

I loved the Bugadoo Donkey twin but it does not go through my front door! The i-candy seems to have on child under and the other on top, I feel sorry for the one in the back. 

Thanks in advance!

• I'm having the same problems! My back door doesn't open all the way so none of the side by side prams will fit through it!!

I quite like the phil and teds promenade as the seats convert to carrycots so don't have to buy seperate ones but it's quite expensive. I don't like the i-candy much either for the same reason as you but also I know a girl that had 1 and she said it was quite heavy.

Also the baby jogger city select looks quite good and I've read some good reveiws on it, hope this helps image