Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

The quads have arrived!!

Hi all
My friend has had the quads born very early at only 26+5 but all survived the birth and are still going strong. Biggest just over 2lb and the smallest (nickname titch!) is only 10oz, the three smallest are in neonatal intensive care and are stable and the biggest is in SCUBU and doing well. Visiting my friend tonight to give her a hug but obviously can't see babies as only family allowed. Pleased for her but also still keeping everything crossed. Please pray for the babies they are fighting for thier lives now being so small and early. She went into labour early so they had to get them out. The were born on 11th August at approx 11.30pm (between them all!)
Congrats to all of you with your new bundles of joy
Rhian x

Replies

• wow! bless them, 10oz is so tiny I can't imagine how small they must be
  • Congratulations to your friend - what are the babies named?

The babies have done the hard bit and survived the birth, lets hope they remain stable and improve with each day.

10oz is tiny but NICU teams are amazing - i know from personal experience of my daughter who had life saving surgery at 4 days old and was in NICU for 9 weeks.

Tell your friend to have faith in the doctors, try not to be too overwhelmed by the technical terms and not to panic at all the beeping!!! Also make sure she looks after herself, gets plenty of rest and never feels guilty for going home at the end of the day, it is the hardest thing to leave your child in hospital but through my experience you really have to look after yourself if you are going to stay strong for the long haul.

S x
  • Thank you both, I wasn't able to visit tonight just before I was due to leave my friend rang to say there had been a complicaiton with one of the babies she was understandably very upset. I haven't heard anything yet so keeping everything crossed. Squibly thank you for your advice I will pass it onto my friend she must feel so helpless so coming from someone who has been through it will hopefully help. I agree she totally needs to rest and look after herself the quads need her to be strong.
    I'm glad your three are thriving I bet you've got your hands full I'm exhausted and I've only got one baby!
    All the best to you both
    Rhian x
  • Wishing your friend and her new family all the very best. Look forward to hearing regular updates.

xxx
  • Hi - How is your friend and the babies doing??? I have everything crossed for them and have been praying...

Sara x
  • Hi, just read your post, am praying for them, how are they?