Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

HCG - can you help?

My HCG at 5+3 has come back at 14866 which is REALLY high. My gp said you would expect that level for people who are 6+. I'm really worried as if you google 'high hcg' loads of stuff about molar pregnancies comes up but I have read that it can also be a sign of twins.

Does anyone have any experience of hcg levels and twins?

Replies

• Options
    Hey sorry dont know what my level was but know i POAS 7 days before af and it came up as a strong +ve which my mw said was an early indication of twins. have you been booked into a EPU?

xxDBxx
  • Options
    I only poas 1 day before my af due, but my result was instant and very strong, but i dont know my levels either, sorry. x
  • Options
    I got bfp at 10dpo, but it was quite faint. Got darker really quick though.
    Haven't been booked into epu. Got another blood test today so when I get the results of that - which probably won't be until next week image - I will speak to gp about early scan.
    My progesterone at 4dpo was 66 and I was taking clomid, plus I'm a twin and hubby's mum is a twin so it seems quite likely - eeek!
    xx
  • Options
    Hi

twins run maternally due to hyperovulation, so if your a non-id twin then ur chances increase (twins on dh side dont have ne influence) plus clomid increases the chance of hyperovulation.

good luck, hope you join us xxDBxx
  • Options
    Just to update you - I had a scan last night and turns out it's just the one baby! My hcg levels are just really high. x
  • Options
    hey, delighted to hear that you have a healthy pg. good luck and enjoy the nxt 9 months xxDBxx