Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Babies in seperate sacs?? UPDATE

2»

Replies

• Hi ladies,
    I'm a little happier with my care now. I had my 24wk scan yesterday & i think i saw everyone possible! MW did the usual checks (may have a uti-lucky me!) then i had a tummy scan where babies were measured e.t.c (wasn't expecting this). There is still a slight size difference but perfectly normal so i'm told. Then i had an internal scan which was not too uncomfortable & confirmed that my cervix is still closed & long so all is good there. Then i saw the consultant & he listened to the hb's & measured my tummy e.t.c.
    I felt like they were quite thorough this time & consultant was happy with everything. I will now see him every 4 weeks (inc scan).
    I am not sure if i should still be seeing my mw aswell but i have a mw appt next week which was booked ages ago so i think i will just keep it. Think this is when i get my hip grant form?

Dottyjackie - I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, i can't even imagine what you must have gone through! Wishing you all the luck in the world for this pregnancy. Just to let you know your appts are exactly as mine were... 12wks scan, 16wk mw apt then 20wk scan. Hopefully like me after 20wks you will see your consultant at least every 4 wks.

Hope everyone is well
    xxx
  • ok you got me thinking about how many appointments i am actually having,so i have done some digging around.quite shockingly i found that a couple successfully sued my hospital due to negligence with their twin pregnancy.1 died early on while the other died of brain damage after 1 year old.this news has knocked my confidence in the hospital now and although this was reported to have happened 10 years ago i know can understand why they would be being extra careful!sorry for the sad post!
  • Thanks LMT, i am being positive about this pregnancy, it's a totally different pregnancy to last time and all is going to be fine. I didn't know they give you an internal scan, I've had no mention of this yet, but it may come. It looks like we're getting the same care, in fact i thought what we were getting was normal, but then Kerrie's post after yours explains the reasons why her hospital give extra care. Kerrie, I wouldn't let what you've read worry you, all hospitals have problems at some point or another and at least your hospital has done something positive to stop something like that happening again. It's not the mistakes we make, it's how we go about putting things right that really matter and it looks like they have and it's to your benefit. xx