Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

fed up

hi

Just thought i would log on and have a moan

Whilst i am trying my best to enjoy my pregnancy i have just been diagnosed with SDP and have yet another chest infection, was never ill before i got pregnant.

I am 29 weeks pregs with non identical twins, i can't sleep due to pain and now due to continuous coughing and to top it all doc says at this stage there is a risk that all the coughing will set off labour so now worried about that.

My hubby is away on business for 6 weeks so have different members of family looking after me which whilst i do appreciate it they are now starting to annoy me as well if anyone else mentions the size of my bum (yes bum not bump) again i think i will throttle them I KNOW ITS BIG i know everything about me at the moment is big just wish people would give it a rest.

The babies im glad to say are doing well and are a good size which is the main thing.

phew glad i could get that all of my chest feel lots better now

Thanks for listening
x

Replies

• hi
    i have SPD too - and twins!
    have you been to an oesteopath? last time i was pregnant i did not go to one - but this time i bit the bullet. you have to make sure they have treated pregnent people before, but their massage techniques really did help put my pelvis back in it's place for a while! i paid ??32 a session.
    it helped ease the pain for about a week after each session.
    now i am 37 weeks and i thik sheer weight of the bump is stopping it working so well.
    also have you been refered to your physio at local hospital?
    some do manual therapy - bringing the pelvis back into alignment whilst pregnant. (not in my area though - bah hum bug). my pohysio gave me a femme brace - which was ok when my bump was smaller....
    if you type in PELVIC PARTNERSHIP in google you gat to a brilliant support group - who are well worth contacting. I rang them and they can give you a list of registered and proven treatment givers.
    Thay also have great tips on controlling and managing pain and for delivery. then you can arm yourself and have all the info for the midwives. honestly i think they are brilliant.
    will stop rattling on now!
    x