Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Strange dreams - and HUGE respect to you ladies!!!

Hey ladies,

Sorry to gatecrash but just had to tell someone about these weird dreams I've been having!!!
I've got an absolutely BOOOOOOTIFUL ickle boy, George, who turns 1 in a couple of weeks. Hubby and I definitely have NO plans for a sibling until George is at least coming up for going to school - he was something of a surprise package in that he has Down's syndrome and we didn't know! So we had 10 days in SCBU as he was only 4lbs 2oz at 37 weeks, and it was all very dramatic - but anyway, he's doing brilliantly and has been decribed by the 'professionals' as the most able Down's baby they've seen for a very long time!!! So that's fab, but we just feel we need to give him all our attention for the next few years.
But, over the last few nights I've been having the most bizarre dreams, in which George is ready to go to school and I find out I'm expecting TRIPLETS!!!! And its 3 boys, to which I'm saying "oh that's ok, cos we've got all George's old clothes for boys!!" (like that's the most important thing!!!) And then I wake up feeling really excited about the prospect of 3 babies - and then reality kicks in and I think about how hard 1 baby is (and, after some of the posts I've read on here, George has been a VERY easy baby!!!!) - so HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE respect to you lovely ladies on here who have more than one, HOW THE BLOODY HELL DO YOU DO IT??? And stay awake???????? We still see friends made in SCBU, in which there were two sets of twins - and both have found it very difficult to cope without lots of support around them!

Maybe I'll be back on here in three years or so with some news - who knows!!!! The plan is to be off on maternity leave when George starts school, so if this dream comes true then I might not be going back to work at all!!!!

Mrs S x

Replies

• Hey. fab dreams lol

Personally its all been a lot easier than i usually let on lol, i really think its most difficult going from 1 to 2 and as i had twins first it was fine as i didnt know any different, ive got 3 now twins just turned 2 n baby 7 months and we are ttc.

My friends little girl has downs and she has just turned 3 and they feel ready to try again, she is so interested in babies and has so much love to share that they feel its right for them.

If you do fall will triplets i promise you it will be a blessing, interestingly i dreamt of falling with twins when we wernt ttc and i did so you never know. Us mummys are fab we cope with whatever is thrown at us, as you undoutably know, good luck whatever happens

xxDBxx
  • I have twin girls 9wk old and as per DB there my first, so i also know no different ie: what its like to look after one baby.

Anyway best of luck with your dream.... haha! x
  • I have twin boys 28 weeks (19 corrected) and a nearly 20 month old boy to be honest its not that hard, of course you have bad days but you just get on with it, i have a helpfull hands on hubby and no family nearby so have to rely on getting myself out and about to see friends. Also where we live is 5 miles from nearest shops and groups for the eldest to go to. Best of luck to you and your family. Think people worry more about how you cope then you do. It not hard they healthy thats the main thing.