Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Question If you dont mind ladies? UPDATED

Hiya all

I got my bfp on cd21,and from about cd 24 been feeling nauseaous,i am now 5+2 weeks and for the past week and a half feel AWFUL!!

My Morningsickness lasts all day,i retch frequently and alsot hrow bout twice a day (soz if TMI) and i just feel rotten,i feel totally exhusted and am lready seem to be a little plumper....

My Oh has a hunch its twins,so i thought i'd ask you ladies if it sounds similar to your pregs,this is my first preg so dont have anything else to go on apart from friends and family telling e its not very usul to feel so bad all the time.

Thanks

xx xx

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for all the lovely lovely replies ladies,
I had my scan on wedensday and i have 1 lil wriggler in there but it turns out i am almost a week further on then going by my LMP so thats the reason i got al my symptoms etc so early cos i was almost a week further on then i thought image
D
12+6
xx xx

[Modified by: danni1979 on 27 March 2009 10:34:40 ]

Replies

• Hiya.
    Congrats on the BFP.

I had really bad morning sickness with my first baby, but hardly at all whilst i was pg with my girls.

Do you have twins on your side of the family, only non-id carry and they only carry through the mothers side.

Otherwise i would just say you are unlucky like i was the first time where i had hypremesis (really bad sickeness couldnt keep anything down!!) But if you are only actually being sick about twice a day i wouldnt have thought you have that either.

On the upside sickness tends o go about 12 weeks!! Also its a really good sign if you have sickness as it means your hormones are high.

Ginger helps with sickness, eating little and often and banana's!!

If you are having twins (or more) then they are a blessing!

Sorry I can be of more help

xx
  • i had v little sickness but told my bestfriend at 8 weejks i thought it was twins, id had a m/c at 16weeks and was bigger than that at 8.

Good luck which ever way it goes, let us know how you get on at 12 week scan

xxDBxx
  • I had the feeling of sickness, but was hardly sick, sorry! For me it was extreme tiredness and a podgy belly, that gave it away! x
  • i had loads of morning sickness with my first pregnancy but this one i had nothing,only felt really tired,so you never can tell if its a singleton or more
    sarah
  • Hi! Poor you! I didn't have any morning sickness with my first 3 pregnancies (girl, boy, boy) but ended up in hospital with hyperemesis with this twin pregnancy at 9 weeks.
    From what I've read, you are more likely to have severe sickness in your first pregnancy or in a multiple pregnancy.
    Good luck. I know how awful you must be feeling, but it DOES pass, honest image
    Jane (28+5 with id boys)
  • Hi,I had sickness on my first 2 but only in the morning. This time I was feeling sick ALL day,very very tired and hungry and had a little bump by 8 weeks (nothing until 18ish weeks with the others). I had a feeling that something was different and it was twins. Like sarah said,id twins are random and non id (like mine) only carry through the mothers side (you can inherit the gene from your dad though so ask that side too!) but thre are only one set in mine,way way back and distantly related!

K 14+3 xx
  • Thanks for the replies girls..

I was feeling sooooo miserable earlier,i didnt expect to feel this rough,lol,i keep telling myself its for a good cause image

I dont have any id twins in the family but i do have 3 sets of twins on my dads side,all my cousins,not sure about my mums side,and my oh's nan is a twin but not sure if that means anything.

It sounds really weird but i kinda do think theres 2 in there,but who knows,it may be wishful thinking image
    and i have no other pregancies to compare it to,this is my first.

xx xx
  • Hi Danni

If the sickness is really bad you could always go to the doctors and see if they can give you something, also you could try and ask for an early scan. If teh sickness is too bad you can become de-hydrated and will have to be admitted to hospital to rehydrate where they will give you early scan anyway.

The night before my scan i said to my OH that i thought we were having twins and surprise surprise lol xx

p.s. Keep us updated xx
  • Hi
    I am 21+3 with ID twins and this pregnancy is def difrnt from my single preg. With this preg I was very nautious and tired but luckily never sick. I found that if I got up too quick in the mornings it was worse. I also find bananas a real help, even now if I am feeling dizzy or queezy but we are all different. Dont under estimate what major changes your body is goind through and some of us get it easier than others. Listen to your body and avoid the things that even the thought of makes you feel off. I lived off veg and mash for a couple of weeks as I couldnt stand the thought of strong flavours. Make sure you get enough liquids inside you and, like has been said before, normally it easies off after 12 weeks.
    Good luck !
  • I had REALLY bad sickness up intil 14 weeks.... but these are my first (non-identical) so can't really compare a single pregnancy sorry! xx

http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/26/2692/269256.png

• I had REALLY bad sickness up intil 14 weeks.... but these are my first (non-identical) so can't really compare a single pregnancy sorry! xx

• i was feeling very nauseaous throughout the day but never actually throwing up...also very tired and bump started about 8weeks.....this is my first pg and non id twins
  • I didn't suffer any sickness when pregnant with my twins or my daughter x