Forum home Babies Twins & multiples

Twins - Due dates - How early?

Hi, Im only 6+6 with twins...

But wondering what my due date (dd was 08/02/09) will be now and how many weeks do you usually carry twins too etc?

Any ladies who have had them or very close too please let me know?

Emma and the twins

Replies

• Hi - I think it depends on if they are id or non id... I have two friends with twins, the id twins were born at 33 weeks, the non id twins at 38 weeks...

With id twins, one usually is dominant and will take more of the nourishment and the smaller one suffers... In that case the consultant will make a decision to get them out early...

I'm having non id twins, but am secretly hoping that they arrive before 38 weeks as i've heard some girls on here suffer something terrible after that...

Sara x
  • I had my non-id boys at 38+2. I wanted them to go longer as the longer they are cooked the less likely of NCU, but got pre-eclampsia so they came out the sun roof. image
  • i had mine at 38 weeks. they are 2 weeks old today!!!!
    oh and they are non id....
  • Well I dont know if were id or not yet, I have a feeling were non id but who know's... I think 38 weeks is the best aim then.

Thanks Ladies.
  • I due 15th November, but they said today that they will see how things are at 37 weeks, and then they may induce me if I not already had them, will try to go as long as poss if I can tho. Put posting on Its Boys re scan.
  • I had my twins at 37half wks, they are non id but had to stay in hospital for 9 days as Lillie only weighed 3lb 13 so they made us stay in, Jack could have come home straight away though xx
  • my friend had identical twin boys a week n half ago at 30 weeks, they were going to deliver them by 38 weeks if she hadnt gone by herself then. they are now in the nicu now x