Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Routine

Have ordered Gina Ford Contented House with Twins. Has anyone used it? Thoughts please ladies x

Replies

• Options
    I read it and picked the bits I liked but TBH, some of it didn't work for us.

The splitting of feeds (giving one twin half a feed and then the other and then finishing off twin 1 etc.) and her naps never really worked for us.

However, as Gina advises, we've always had a bedtime routine and the girls have slept through since 12 and 16 weeks old. However, Gina recommends waking the babies for the 10pm feed which we have NEVER done. I followed the Baby Whisperer method of a dream feed.

I think the key with all of the books out there are to read them, add a pinch of salt and don't be afraid to adapt them to suit you.

Hope you find some of it useful

xxx
  • Options
    Sorry for crashing, does she really recommend doing half a feed then stopping to give the other twin half a feed then going back to the first? Thats crazy!! If I stopped feeding some of the kids I looked after half way through they would have gone nuts!! Of course I guess as with everything if you start it from when they are tiny they know no different, but surely it's just easier to try and set up your routine so one is hungry half an hour or so after the other one? Or is that really naive of me?
  • Options
    Miss I - I feed the boys together and have done as soon as they were physically able to sit in their boucy chairs - about 8 weeks. Much easier and means that I can feed in half the time!! When BF though I used to do 1half feed then the other full feed while J changed other one (when he was there) and then finish that one off - made for lots and lots of tears though and was quite difficult!
  • Options
    Yep Miss I, I didn't even need to try it to realise that my girls would have gone crazy too!

I always bottle fed them together too. I think the reason I didn't manage to carry on breastfeeding for any longer was that I never managed to tandem feed. If I'd mastered that then I think I could've carried on for longer but it was really hard and I couldn't deal with the screaming - haha!
  • Options
    T4BM - Yep, I couldnt tandem feed either as boys couldnt stay latched on without help. I wouldve still been bf now if I couldve mastered it (or they could!)
  • Options
    oh god i did not even look at her book!
    the one for single babies makes you feel like a slummy mummy - so god help us with the twin version!!!!

LOL

my aunt gave me the singleton child one- when i had my 1st daughetr - i read it and binned it!
    it's so regimental!

but i am not a routiney person - i just couldn't stick to it!