Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

C Section is booked!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Everyone,
I had my 34 week scan today and as both boys are still breech (they have been since 30 weeks) they booked me in for a c section at 37 weeks ( 6th Sept).
Consultant was hoping to get me to go to 38 weeks but they were to busy to book me in around that time and as i have been having lots of braxton hicks she thought that i would end up needing an emegerncy c section and didn't want to put me through that.
I am really happy, i am huge and have feet like the hobbits and really couldn't imagine being pregnant for another 4 weeks at least this way i can be really organised and sort out childcare for our ds etc.
I can't believe that in just under 3 weeks i will get to meet our two new boys it all seems very real now.
Lots of BA'S now and lots more to come!!!
Take care
Lenniexx

Replies

• Options
    How exciting!

Will be thinking of you and will keep an eye out for an announcement once your ready to log back into hear again, lol.

Lisa
  • Options
    Oh wow, you're so lucky that they've given you a date. I'm 35 weeks today and don't have another scan until the 8th Sept when i'll be 36+4 and then don't see the consultant until the day after that!! My first twin is breach and the 2nd one is transverse but she just wouldn't commit to booking me in for a c-section when I was scanned at 32 weeks!! Sorry for the moan, but my god it's hard work carrying twins once you get to this stage!! I'm really chuffed you've got a date, can't wait to read your BA xx
  • Options
    Hi Girls,
    Thanks for your replies, well since my last post i have been in hospital!!!!!!!! Started having contractions last Sunday by the time we got to hospital they were every 3 mins apart.
    I was put on a monitor to see if i was having contractions ( well they only had to look at me to see i was) lol!! and also to monitor the boys, well they couldn't find twin ones heartbeat although we could see him moving so had another scan, both still breech but twin 2 was lying on top of twin 1 ( naughty baby).
    Doctor came in to say that i would have c section later that afternoon, but they then had an emergency so i would have to wait, was given diamorphine to try and slow/ stop contractions and it worked was kept in overnight in case they started again but they haven't so it looks as though it will be the 6th!!
    I know exactly what you mean Jackie this pregnancy has been so hard i feel like my body is breaking and can't wait for them to arrive now, i hope your boys decide to make a slightly early appearance for your sake!!
    Will keep you updated
    Take care both of you
    Lenniex
  • Options
    Best of luck to you all in the coming weeks - and look forward to seeing your birth announcements. My twins were born by elective section at 38+5 weeks (Twin 2 was breech) - they are now 19 months and it is such a joy being a twin mummy!!

The final weeks of pregnancy are so hard (I was measuring full term at 26 weeks - I was huge!!!)

Thinking of ye all xx
  • Options
    Oh wow, todays the day!! Just wanted to wish you luck and can't wait to hear how things go xx
  • Options
    Hope your ok and Dotty Jackie my fellow DIO mummy hope your ok image My girls were 6 weeks early apparently the boys arent thinking that lol :P Will be keeping a close eye for both your BA's ad as hard as the pregnancy is at the end they more than make up for it image x