Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Any tips?

Hi!
I'm not pregnant yet and won't be TTC for a while but I just wondered, for when the time comes... did any of you do anything specifically to TTC twins or triplets?
I'd LOVE to have twins and wondered if there were any foods or supplements or positions etc that are considered helpful?

Sorry if this sounds niave and childish...

Replies

• Options
    sorry to be boring but it just happened, I dont think that there is anything that you can do (other than IVF, which increases the chances) other than that I would just carry on trying and hope for the best.
  • Options
    Hi. Drink lots and lots of milk. It s been documented that countries where people drink more milk have a higher incident of identical twin pregnancy. I was trying for twins and really went to towm with the milk drinking, I drank 1 litre a day for the three months we were ttc, and concieved id boys. only downside is did gain weight due to all the milk drinking as was drinking friji milkshakes as its the only way i can stomach milk, it was worth it tho, its great being a mum of multiples. Regards non id twins your more likely to have them if there are non-identical twins on your mothers side, if your older, or if your overweight, or if you have IVF or fertility drugs such as clomid. Good luck xxDBxx Mum to 13 month id boys and 24 weeks pregnant with a singleton xx

Ps if you have any multiple questions will do my best to answer them xx

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev228pf___.png

• Options
    Ok. Thank you for your answers, I just wondered if there was anything you could try - I'd love to be a mother of twins. I drink lots of milk anyway, so if it does have any effect then I'll be reaping that benefit, and if not... meh, I'll just be chubby.
    Fingers crossed that I produce multiple eggs!
  • Options
    That's ok. You were to the point and that's alright because to be honest, I wasn't really expecting any miracle solutions. There aren't twins in either my h2b's or my side of the family, so twins are unlikely. I was just hoping, desperately hoping that there was another way... anything I could do to increase my chances. I'll drink lots of milk and take lots of vitamins and stuff anyway (just in case)
  • Options
    hi,

there are no twins in my family - nor my husbands.
    but i'm having non identical twins - which was a BIG shock!!!!

i'm not sure about the milk thing... as i don't drink much milk. (though I am upping my intake now !)

from what i have read in the twins books i have bought and the internet - your chances of twins grow as you get over the 30 land mark...
    (i'm 32).

my first baby was a singleton - and i did exactly the same things whilst trying to concieve this time as last time...
    so i think its a fluke......

good luck with trying for twins though... i hope the milk drinking works!!!!
    (yuk!!!!)
  • Options

from what i have read in the twins books i have bought and the internet - your chances of twins grow as you get over the 30 land mark...
    (i'm 32).

That's annoying, I'm hoping to have mine from 18 onwards, so I should be done by age 30. Sigh. Guess I should look at my family tree then huh?
  • Options
    who know it may happen but dont go stressing urself out about wanting twins that not good for u
  • Options
    I had identical twins and am 38. I read that non-identical twins runs in the family, whereas identical twins is more of a random chance. Also that twins runs down the female line, so seeing as there are no twins on my side of the family it might be due to my age.

Interestingly though hubby is one of a twin (non-identical) and his sister also had non-id twins.

There isn't anything you can do specifically to increase your chances of twins, other than IVF. Just try and see I guess!
  • Options
    I'm not stressing about it, I'd just like to have twins, and wondered if I could up my chances in any way. It's ok...if it's down to random chance... fingers crossed for me ladies!