Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Bit unsure and confused?????

Hi all!! Sorry to gate crash your forum but my friend is having ivf twins and she doesnt think she sees her midwife often enough she was rushed into hospital not long ago as they thought she was going into slow premature labour, but she thinks they havent even bothered to keep an eye on her, she had her book in appointment at around 8 weeks then she didnt see the midwife for the 1st time until August when she was about 25 weeks should she have been seen more than this she is currently 29 going on 30 weeks pregnant. She has been to the hospital for numerous scans and the babies r ok but she just though that she would of had a bit more support from her own midwife???

tilly xxx

32 + 3days

Replies

• As far as I know its different depending on where you live... I have only seen my midwife once at booking appointment when I was about 8 weeks...

I'm now 24+4 and haven't seen a midwife since... If you are having twins or more, then you should be under consultant led care...

If she feels she's not getting the support or care she should be, she really needs to speak to her consultant...

I hope this helps...

Sara x
  • Well i do think its dependent on area, but I see my midwife and consultant alternatley and am 17+2 and seen them both twice already now!

But she should of def be under a consultant at her hospital and having at the least a scan every 4 wks from 20 so 24/28/32/26... tell her this!

Em x
  • I saw my midwife and doc at 12 weeks plus had a scan. Saw a consultant and had a scan at 15 weeks. Had a detailed scan at 23 weeks and then forthnightly for growth scans (now 30 weeks and will be getting scanned until about 34 weeks). Had anti D and bloods tests at 28 weeks. When I get growth scans sometimes see consultant for a quick chat and the girl doing the scans checks BP and urine. I have a good relationship with my midwife and doctor and just phone midwife inbetween to update her or if I have any questions. They do say if it is twins and you get scanned on a regulary basis you dont really see the midwife as much but you should be able to speak to her if you have any queries as I do. Is she having id or non id. If ID you tend to get scanned more often as there is the risk of TTTS, which luckily I dont have. Speak to practice manager if unhappy or speak direct to midwife. Midwife may feel she is being seen enough. Good luckxx

30 weeks preg with ID boys and mummmy to Luke 13 months.
  • Hey I saw my m/w more with my singleton pregnancy than with my twins. I was under consultant care so m/w said providing i was happy not seeing her I didnt need to as the consultants were keeping an eye on me. Think i saw her twice, once for booking and once at 24 weeks. xxDBxx