Forum home Babies Twins & multiples

Were you offered induction?

Hi ladies,,just wondering if you were offered induction and if so at what week? I'm 31+4 and have seen on telly induction being offered at about 37 weeks? Just wondering if that is normal practice? I'm hoping that I'll have delivered by then (how did you ladies cope at the end?!! It's so hard!) but as I haven't even met my consultant yet you are the only people I can ask!

K 31+4 with non id boys

xx

Ps I'm assuming that twin one will turn so I'll be able to have a natural delivery! Well,fingers crossed anyway!!

Replies

• Hi, it seems to depend on a million factors, the chronisity (if you have id then seems to be always by 37+ weeks) however ive had friends with non ids who werent induced until 40 weeks, but i think all of them wanted to hold out. My hospital prefers to wait till 38 weeks but think it depends on how you are coping.

I had them early and tbh i dont know how i coped i was massive.

good luck wld type more but battery dying

xxDBxx
  • Snow Angel is now 37 weeks and hasnt said anything about induction...although im sure she could reply herself! Ive been told that I probably wont go past 36 weeks and will probably have a c-section. Either way, im opting for a c-section due to the complications that 'can' occur. However, mine are ID boys and this seems to make A LOT of difference.

Gemma and Double Blue Bump 19 + 1
  • the consultant said if i hadnt had them by 38wks they would have induced me but i went in to labour at 31wks and i had them natural delivery,i wish they would have kept in a little longer but in a way iam glad cos i dont know how i would have coped,i was finding it really hard to walk and i had spd as well,my OH filmed me walking just before i had them and it makes me wince just by looking at it,it looks as painfull as it was :lol:

sarah
  • Thanks for the replies! Obviously i don't want them to come out for a few more weeks but I'm sooo tired and fed up now! My spd is really bad and I feel like a beached whale so 37 weeks sounds good to me! K 31+6 xx
  • Thanks for the replies! Obviously i don't want them to come out for a few more weeks but I'm sooo tired and fed up now! My spd is really bad and I feel like a beached whale so 37 weeks sounds good to me! K 31+6 xx
  • I'm still bloody going at 37+3 - doc at hospital said I should be induced at 38 weeks however seeing my consultant tomorrow and I know he's gonna think otherwise! He's one of those who wants you to go as far as possible. I know it's better for the babies but it's not better for me! I can hardly walk now and yesterday nearly fell down the stairs after the shooting pain through my legs kicked in again.

I'm going to pleed with him tomorrow and see what happens.... hopefully i'll be offered induction cos I can't go on much longer!!

I won't say it's not hard at this stage..... it's hell!! I am really struggling and not exaggerating! (sorry don't wanna scare you hun!) I feel like doing a c-section on myself! :lol: xx

[Modified by: snowangel on June 08, 2009 05:21 PM]

• Hi hun, ive been looking for you as i deleted lots of people from facebook and then wondered if you and your twins were ok as you havent been posting in the due in August forum anymore.
    Glad you and your boys are still ok
    Gxx
    31+2