Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

General advice pls?

Well Im 33+2 today and feel huge (I know i measure 40wk), and have almost gained 3 stone and babies weighed 4lb & 4lb 4oz at 32wk scan, so I want to bring on labour, do you think im mad? I dont want to harm my babies but surely they'd be fine if thery were born now??

Em x

Replies

• i know how you feel,iam 30wks and i look 9 months gone,my babies roughly weigh 3lb4oz and 3lb9oz but that was 2 weeks ago so they have probably gone up a little,the consultant said to me that they would be better born after 34wks thats when there liver (i think he said liver) is formed proper but i know how your feeling i would love for my babies to come now

sarah
    http://bd.lilypie.com/sg4fp1/.png

• Hi hun
    No twins for me but I went 11 days over with a big baby so know it can be rubbish! *hugs*
    Honestly, the things that are supposed to bring on labour, only work if you were going to start labour naturally soon anyway.
    Your twins would probably be fine when born now but remember the longer they are growing inside you, the bigger and more developed they will get, this could mean a shorter stay in SCBU, more chance of them breathing on their own & have stronger sucking reflexes so breast / bottle feeding is easier.
    The last weeks are crappy but hang in there, look after yourself xx
  • I agree with Tiger Lily that the longer they stay with you the the lesser chance of SCBU and difficulties after birth. I know how you are feeling my GP measured me at 50 weeks on Tuesday !!! and at my 34 week grorth scan babies weighed approx 5lb and 5lb 7 oz - I am 36 weeks tomorrow and now suffering odema and border line BP and hope to get date for section on Tuesday (if I get that far).
  • i agree with the above the longer they in you the less time they will spend in SCBU just hang on in there they will be out when they ready make the most of the peace and quiet.
  • I know how you feel but had the most miserable time in hospital and wish like mms that i only had to stay in one night.

It is best if you can get to 36 weeks as sucking reflex has developed then and it makes it so much easier.

My hospital always says if a babe is born premmie your lucky if they get home by due date, n its no fun them being in hospital whilst you are at home.

For long term health they say babies have less problems if there birth weight is above 5.5lb. I manage that with one of my twins and he is def healthier than his brother.

Finally and I wish i had done this, try and enjoy the last few weeks. Its gone in a instant and your life really will never be the same again.

xxxDBxxx
  • I know what I sound like... and I know you ladies do really understand!

But I cant rest or enjoy myself, I hate peace and quiet, so just think they might aswell be here!

This is just my opinion ladies but I live really close to the hospital and I dont mind if they have to stay in after the birth for a period of time, I think it will help me adjust better and the hospital is brilliant (I have no fears at all).

I have heard that the sucking reflex is not established until 36wks also and that if they dont weigh 5lb they wont be allowed to leave, so I know its in their best interest, which is of course the most important thing (must keep telling myself this!)!

I am using my birthing ball to encourage them down and have started r-l-t today for the cervix/labour (but i know that it doesnt bring labour on). However i know unless they want out, i dont have a choice, lol!

Em x

I only have 34 days or less (38wk) but