Forum home Babies Twins & multiples

Maternity Leave - Help when?

Hi Ladies,

Can you tell me when you started your mat leave, or intend to?

I am in a pickle whether to leave at the suggested 29 wks on 28th Nov or work longer till xmas...?

I work in an office but I am up and down all day and not that comfy at my desk already.

I also work 40 hrs a wk.

I have to tell my boss by 30th Oct, and i really dont know what to do?

Em 22+5

Replies

• Hi Em...

With my first I left when I was 38 weeks as I wanted as much time off after he was born... I actually had him when I was 40+13 so I could've left later...

I did find it exhausting in the later weeks but knew I couldn't leave him when he was so young to go back to work...

I was supposed to go back in April but found out I was pregnant again in March, so resigned... I don't think I would've been able to cope as long this time as at 30+2 which I am now, i'm the same size as I was with first lo at full term...

You just have to play it by ear... Will you be going back to work after your babies are here or will be a full time mummy?

Sara x
  • hello,iam gonna finish at christmas and i will be 30wks,iam taking my holidays and then taking my maternity after that. havent you got any holidays left what you could take? iam lucky i only work 2 days a week but iam getting so tired already.

sarah
  • Sara - I am not going back , so I dont have to worry leaving too early and not having as much time at home after etc...

I am going to try to be a full-time mummy - However this scares me too?!

I have used my holidays days (what I had left), to take the next 5 Fridays off, so only got to do 4 day weeks for a while.

I think 30 wks would be good as it would mean ileave 5th Dec, so I have time to prepare for xmas and the xmas party's, lol.

But i still dont know...?x
  • I was going to leave when I was about 36 weeks pregnant. I had holiday to take so added that before my leave started so I would finish at about 33 weeks. In the end I had to leave a lot earlier due to my size and being very unconfortable sitting at a desk. I ended up having my babies premature at 31 weeks. I think a twin pregnancy is a lot harder than a single pregnancy so try and leave as early as you can. They say the more rest you can get the longer the babies will stay inside?!?! My boys are due out of hospital on Sunday they now weigh 5lb2 and 5lb7. Good luck.

Mummy to Luke 14 months and Max and Milo 4 1/2 weeks.
  • Hi Em

I replied to this yesterday but obviously did not post.

I like you hmm'd and aaah'd about what to do and ended up deciding on 28 weeks - as it turned out I have been signed off work since 21 weeks (and only work 25 hours per week)

entirely upto you but especially as you are not going back (likewise) then i would stay ay 29 weeks maternity

I am really suffering in last week and only 25+4 weeks