Forum home Babies Twins & multiples

I'm gonna do a c-section on myself soon!

This is a bit of a moan sorry! I'm 37+3 with twins and god are they hanging on! I'm so fed up! I can hardly walk or sleep due to having Meralgia Paresthetica (arthritic pain in legs due to nerves being pressed), can't drive so house bound, and can't do much anymore e.g can't put my shoes on myself!! I'm huge!!

37 weeks is considered full term for twins, and I was told they didn't think i'd go longer than 34 weeks anyway as i'm only slim and 5ft2. (shows how wrong they can be hey!)

I've been in hospital with regular contractions over last two days but home now as they stopped yesterday afternoon completely (after drugs put them back on cloud 9!) ....

I've had a show....

I'm 1cm dilated....

Both babies are head down ready..... (twin one is engaged)

SO why is it taking so long!!! Seeing consultant tomorrow and hopefully he will say I will be induced at 38 weeks (as this is what the doc at hospital said SHOULD happen....) but my consultant is stubborn so i'm not getting my hopes up.

Anyone had a similar experience to this?! Please offer me some hope! :lol:

xx

http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/26/2692/269256.png

[Modified by: snowangel on 08 June 2009 17:32:46 ]

Replies

• Sorry your so uncomfortable!!! No words of wisdom but hope it doesn't take much longer x
  • oh babe, im sorry, esp sorry as your post made me laugh and i feel bad as cant begin to understand how uncomfortable you are. My PMA post is that this should mean your not in for long as i had them at 35 weeks and spend 3 horrible weeks in a horrible hospital with horrible midwifes (ive swapped hospitals for this pg lol) so you are gonna have a lovely birth and be home asap.

Really hope they listen to you, take a pair of handcuffs and say you are going to handcuff yourself to the consultant if he doesnt agree to induce you

xxDBxx
  • I've only got pink fluffy handcuffs.... he might not take me seriously with them! :lol: