Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

what are the chances of having twins again any1 knw?????????

Hi just abit of back ground info on me i had my first child who was a girl and born in october 2008 when i was 21 then we decide we wanted another child when she was 6 months old due to not wanting her to be alone in day nursery when i when back to work lol found out i was pregnant was really ill got admitted to hospital and found out i was having non id twin girls!!!!!!!! shocked or what........ they where born at 38 weeks excatly. My lil girls are now 22 months and and twins are 9 months old. Dont know if i want any more children yet dont like to think that i have stopped having them at only 23 but i know i might want more children i a few years time but i would love to know what would be the chances of me having another set of twins again does anyone know???????????? part of me thinks that if i leave it a few years say about i would love to have twins again so they got a bond with someone if you get what i mean.... or what would be the chances of having more than twins i got told by a ramdom passer by that my chances of having twin again was an 85% chance. My partner Mum, well her mum is a twin and my partner dad, his mum had twins after having him so i would love to know if i would have another set of twins if anyone knows i would love to know so please let us know Thanks Mummies xxxximage

Replies

• Options
    to have non-id twins again,it is highly that you would have twins again,iam not sure what the exact percentage is though
  • Options
    Hi hun,
    Non-identical twins only run in the mum's side of the family, as they are caused by you releasing more than one egg and both being fertilised. So the fact there are twins on your partner's side of the family will make no difference, and won't increase your chances.
    You are at a slighly higher risk of having twins again as you have proved you do sometimes release more than one agg by having twins before!
    The chance of having non-identical twins also increases with age (in your 30s+) and if you are overweight its more likely too. Chances of twins also increase after yor 5th pregnancy.
    I'm not sure of the exact percentage of you having another set of twins but I wouldnt say it was as high as 85%! xx