Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Night Feeding

There is a weight difference with my twins Eve is 9lbs and Seth 11 lbs. When they turned 11 weeks I decided I would stop waking the other at night if only 1 was awake, they are now 12 + 4.

Over the last week and a half Seth has woke every night, sometimes twice, but Eve only 2 or 3 nights. Most nights she wakes talking to herself has a minute cry then goes back to sleep, or at least stops crying as I dont hear her again. When I get her up at 7 she takes her usual amount of bottle.

I dont think she wants feeding when she wakes but I am feeling really guilty that I am depriving her. Should I try her with a bottle even though she is not crying for it? Anyone else experienced this?

Replies

• I have never woken one twin because the other one is awake. Just a different way of doing it.

Anyway, Ryan wakes once a night at the moment - about 2am, takes a full bottle and then goes back till 6am. Alfie is up twice - 11pm and 2am. I always leave them when they wake for a little while. Unfortunately, my boys are greedy buggers and wont go back to sleep unless they are fed! However, if they did then I wouldnt give them a bottle. If she takes the full morning one and is happy to go back to sleep at night then I would think she isnt hungry but has just woken to a noise or something. It is known that reflux babies are light sleepers so it could be that she is waking due to that.

Id say not to worry - she'll let you know when shes hungry. I wish my boys would whinge for a bit then go back to sleep!! lol! Im trying to work out whether ill ever get a full nights sleep (and by full night I mean an 8hr stretch without feeding!)

Gemma, Ryan and Alfie 19 + 5
  • Thanks Gemma it must be a boy thing cause there is no way Seth would go back to sleep!!!

I do feed them both at 11 though x