Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

My scary day!!! Update - Help...

Hi girls - Well what a day I had yesterday, I was walking around Sainsburys when I started getting contractions. I thought they were just strong Braxton Hicks but they started coming every 4-5 minutes!!! I phoned the doctors and they gave me an immediate appointment, he sent me straight up to the hospital where the contractions stopped...

I had some protein in my urine, but they said nothing to worry about... Blood pressure was also ok... They were just about to send me home, when the contractions started again... They decided to keep me in overnight, which I wasn't happy about as Saul was with my mum and I had to get him home for his dinner and bed...

After about 3 hours, the doctor arrived to make sure I wasn't dilating, which luckily I wasn't, so he let me go home.. This was now 9.40pm!!! Got home just in time to go to bed!!!

I'm so worried that they will start again, i'm only 25+1 today, far too early to babies to be born... I will have to try to start taking it easy, but its hard when you have a 16 month old baby to look after...

Has anyone else experienced this before?

Sara x

For all mums who already have twins, please can I ask a question???

My contractions started again today at 11am (25+2)...

I rang the hospital who asked me to go straight in... When I got there, I was taken straight down to the delivery suite!!! I was so scared... I was checked again and everything is closed, so not dilating or anything... They don't know why i'm contracting!!!

I just have a really horrible feeling that something is going to happen... My lower back is killing me!!!

They wanted to keep me in for 24 hours, but I discharged myself, I have my lo to think of, I can't just stay in... Again I have to phone if anything changes or the contractions get worse...

In your opinions am I in early stages of labour or are the contractions and back pain normal???

Sara x

[Modified by: sara7 on 10 September 2008 17:46:09 ]

Replies

• Hi Sara

I cant imagine how frightening that must of been! Thank god you werent dilating and were able to go home. I was only thinking this morning i wonder if i'll go full term, my 3 previous pregnancys were all f/t but i'm 15 yrs older now i was only 21 last time, i'm also heavier and less fit and pregnant with twins! so totally different from last pregnancys! i just pray i pass 30wks hopefully 35!

I know the survival rate is high these days but even so every day they stay inside you the better!

So good luck and lets hope it was a one off, try and rest as much as poss, says me who has no little ones to chase around after!
    Thinking of you

Yvonne 27+2

[Modified by: Silvalady on September 09, 2008 02:19 PM]

• Hey you hope you OK. I have no clue as to why that is happening but just want you to know I hope all OK, just try and rest I know how hard that is and it isnt easy but see if anyone could take him if only for a couple of hours. Get hubby to help as much as possible again I know that not as easy as it sounds. Saul will be fine and if granny wants to help let her, he probably enjoys being with someone else for a little while and at least he is with someone you trust. I know Luke enjoys being with other people and at least I know at the drop of a hat he will be fine with other people. Dont forget although Saul is your LO so are these babies and Saul will have to learn at some point that he will need to share mummy, he will be fine he will adapt and perhaps it would be good for him to spend time with granny. I just really fortunate and have a hubby who helps, friends who would help and do when I ask and a childminder who is great with him. I also go to groups and people lift/change him etc. Please please please try and rest and make sure you phone the hospital if you feel any changes. Thinking of you email me if you just need to talk etc etc. xxxxxx and a big hug ( ).

30+5 with ID Twin Boys and mummy to Luke 13 motnhs
  • Thanks Soda... I wish I was 30+5!!! I would feel a lot better about these contractions (which have stopped again for the time being)...

Being 25+3 is such a worrying time, babies can survive but at what cost???

I'm going to try to relax, i've asked Saul's nursery if they have another session each month that he can go to... Unfortunately, my mum is disabled and can't have him for long periods as she can't walk... MIL smokes as isn't at all maternal, so thats a big no no for me... I wouldn't be able to relax..

At lease if he's with me, I can relax in the knowledge he's ok...

Sara x
  • Glad things seem to have calmed down. I udnerstand about Saul I would feel the same leaving him for long periods of time especially as your mum in that situation and wouldnt leave him with a smoker. Defo look into the nursery thing. I really struggling at moment, feel so huge cant walk far, cant bend down just about manage to pick Luke up but cant hold him for long. He has started taking his first steps alone this week. Im lucky my two friends wil help out when I need and he at childminder today. I tend to have a box of his favourite toys in our bedroom and then sit on bed and talk and sing with him whilst he plays. Also put nursery CD on and he will sit for about 20 mins and watch Teletubbies. Im lucky he is good at entertaining himself and will sit and go through his books. Just take it easy and call doc/midwife if you uncertain. XXXX Post again when you can so we know you OK.
  • Hi Soda,

I'm ok today so far... Nursery phoned and I can get Saul in for an extra session a week starting next week, so thats good...

Only had 2 contractions today (first thing) so i'm not too worried...

Wish I could fast forward at least 8 weeks so that I knew they were safe... I don't know what i'd do if anything happened to them... I'm feeling very sorry for myself today!!!

How are you keeping? Apart from not being able to do everyday stuff..

Sara x
  • Got tablets for whatever water infection it is that I got. Got glucose blood test tomorrow again, but high last time so need to redeo it. Not too bad just the usual tired, sore etc. Hearing about you made me start worrying that it could happen any day now. Hopefully will hold on in there till 36 weeks. Got scan Monday so we shall see. Luke starting taking his first steps with Childminder today took lots, he growing so quick. Anyway hope to hear from you tomorrow keep us updated.

xxxx