Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Slowly dipping my toes in here....

Good morning!

I hope you don't mind me peeking in! We found out yesterday that we are expecting identical twins!! We are only 7 weeks (exactly) and we had quite a shock when we were told!
The nurse said that it was very early days and things may yet change but both have got good strong heartbeats.
The news is slowly starting to sink in and i'm quite excited but worred incase we lose one of our little beans. Does anyone know if this is common? (Losing one of the little beans?)
xx

Replies

• Hi Wildthing,

Firstly, congratulations on your fantastic news,,,

I can't answer any questions about id tiwns as they are so different to non id twins (which I have)... Mine are 19 months old now and are so funny...

Keep positive and also keep us all informed...

Good luck...

Sara x
  • Ohhh, congrats hun!

I have identical boys, who are now 8.5 months. We found out at 10 weeks so I cant tell you how common it is but I will keep things crossed for you.

If you need to know anything, give us a shout. I always try to check this forum regularly.

My boys are fantastic. Bloody hard work, but fab!

Gemma, Ryan and Alfie 8.5 months!
  • Hey chic,
    congrats i have ID twin Girls who are 18months now and im pregnant again....lol hoping that its not twins again hehe! Im not sure how common it is but i dont think its that common ill have a bit research for you so you dontscare yourself! You need to stay chilled out n relax you have a double bump to worry about xx
  • Congratulations wildthing!

We had a similar experience, an early scan at 6 wks told us we were expecting id twins. I think the best advice I would give you is to carry on as normal (hard if you're exhausted and nauseous I know). But just aim on that 12wk scan and getting there. Do not read too much info, don't share the news and put pressure on yourselves. We waited until 16wks to share the twin info, after telling people about the pregnancy at 12 wks. This really took the pressure off and made it an extra special secret between us for that bit longer.
    Just relax, take things easy and look after yourself. And keep us informed. Good luck!
    JP :\)
  • Hello,

congratulations! I can remember our shock when we found out we're having twins at the 12 week scan. I'm due on 24th Oct. It all still feels quite overwhelming and scary at times but also very exciting.

Will keep my fingers crossed that everything works out for you, and look out for an update after your next scan.

Lisa
  • Thank you all so much for your warm welcomes, it is very much appreciated! I will no doubt bombard you with questions over the next few months!
    Angelkisses - thats very kind of you, thanku, I am doing my best to avoid google as its all horror stories. A pregnant womans worst enemy!!
    Hope everybody is ok and not too tired in this heat, xx
  • hello,i also found out at 7wks that i was having twins but mine were non id- there 18 months now,i agree with the ladies,dont google anything and try and take it easy

sarah