Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

should they be sitting up on their own yet??????????

my twin girls are 7 month old now and niether of them are sitting up unaided yet should they be????? my other little gilr who is now 19 months old now she was sitting up unaided at 5 months old. what are everyone elses twins doing at 7 months???? i know babies develop at different speeds but i am just worried they are behind they get alot of tummy time and i have tried sitting them up with pillows but they dont seem to be interested and even trying to do it themselves they were born at 28weeks so they werent premature twin 1 was 5 pound so she had to have iron and vits for first 6 months which she as just finished and twin 2 was 6 pound so she didnt need anything like that she was fine. does anyone recommend them bumbo seats i have been looking at them they look good and the twins do love sitting up so i have been thinking of geting two of them but ??25 each is expensive especially when i need two. is anyone selling them 2nd hand on here????? if so please let me know or if not does anyone know where i can get them from please. sorry to sound so cheeky and rude :\?

Replies

• tbh i cant really remember when they started sittin on there own but it was late but please try and not worry,have you corrected there age,so if there were 12wks early in real time there only about 4months and i dont know mean 4months old babies that sit on there own and secondly,twins do normally take longer to do stuff as you have 2 babies to share your time and you also have a little one,my twins are 18months now and jack has been walking for months now but charlottle will only walk if you hold her hands,she has only just started to stand on her own but older brother he was 18months when he started walking,as for the bumbo some ppl swear by them and some dont,please try and not worry and stress about what they should be doing,just enjoy them,as you know they grow up far too quick image

sarah
  • thanks for that sarah i feel better knowing that twins take a bit longer to do stuff i was starting to get worried :\)
  • No need to worry my girls were 9mnth before they sat unaided but they were 6 weeks early so were 8.5 corrected twins take longer than singletone and 12 weeks early they may take a lil longer as long as there muscles seem fine snd they arent in pain i wouldnt worry! Mention to health visitor if you want reassurance i always asked! My girls are 18mnth now like sarah's Ruby started walking at 14mnth and Ella did it 2 weeks later ant 15mnth compared to some single babies thats late but they are fine image Ella said her first word before Ruby so you know but dont panic! Certainly dnt comapre with your single preg image Just enjoy your twins them seats do look good though i wish id got one as the girls hated lying down not easy when itsa all they could do for 9mnth lol! Slings were my saving grace haha! xxx
  • No need to worry my girls were 9mnth before they sat unaided but they were 6 weeks early so were 8.5 corrected twins take longer than singletone and 12 weeks early they may take a lil longer as long as there muscles seem fine snd they arent in pain i wouldnt worry! Mention to health visitor if you want reassurance i always asked! My girls are 18mnth now like sarah's Ruby started walking at 14mnth and Ella did it 2 weeks later ant 15mnth compared to some single babies thats late but they are fine image Ella said her first word before Ruby so you know but dont panic! Certainly dnt comapre with your single preg image Just enjoy your twins them seats do look good though i wish id got one as the girls hated lying down not easy when itsa all they could do for 9mnth lol! Slings were my saving grace haha! xxx