Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Rountine help or advice please?

Hi, My twins are now 9wk old and we need a routine (or should i say i need a routine)...

I have been wanting to start for a week or so, but have been trying to figure one out with the natural pattern of whats happens now and I have also been waiting for the clocks to change this wknd!

My girls feed every 4 hrs and currently take 6oz bottles, we get 5 feeds in a day (occasionally 6, but we dont exceed 30-32oz's), does this sound right??

Currently we dont have any bedtime rountine, except for just over a wk now i have fed between 7-8pm then done a top up feed (whatever they'll take) between 9-10pm, trying to keep them asleep (is this dreamfeeding??) This seems to have worked and i get till about 5.30am with them after this feed.

I think my rountine should go something like this.... Am i right??

7am - wake up and feed
8.30-9.30 - Nap time
11am - Feed
12.30 - 1.30 - Nap time
3pm - Feed
4.30-5pm - nap time
6.30 - bedtime routine (wash/change)
7pm - feed
10pm ish - top up feed

My questions are... how long should they nap for?? Is 30 mins ok? If they nap longer should i wake them? When should playtime be in this rountine?? Is bathing at night the best time? Whats the latest they should nap, to ensure a long nights sleep?

Sorry for all the Questions, but these are my first babies and really would appreciate the advice, tips, reccomendations etc...

Em x