Forum home Babies Twins & multiples

hi im having identical twins

hi im having identical twins i found out at 11weeks im now 14weeks and i think everything is fine, just can't wait to see the midwife when im sixteen weeks.i have 4 kids already they are dd12,ds10,ds3,ds2 im just hoping everything goes ok, i don't know anyone with twins i can talk to :\? :\? :\? :\?

Replies

• hello and welcome,ive got 3 kiddies,a little boy whos 3 and non id twins-boy/girl and there 18months old. ask away with questions,they is some fab ladies on here with id twins so they will be able to answer your questions a lot better

sarah
  • Congratulations....its great news. I hope all goes well for you x
  • Hello hun,

CONGRATULATIONS xx

I have 9 month old (almost) identical twin boys. They are fab and I was very lucky that everything that could go to plan did! Feel free to ask questions on here as real life mummies are better support than Google!

Lots of Love hun...as you can tell by my post count, I love talking about my boys so ask away! xxx
  • did u have pain,s in the lower part of your belly when u was pregnant? i think its just them growing because i feel ok and im not bleed and they r moving ok xx
  • Hi,
    Congratulations to you, i'm 26 weeks with non ID twin boys so not in quite the same boat as you.
    As for pains, I did get a lot of niggly stretching pains in the first trimester and then again late in the 2nd Tri, now i have 1 baby that is lying very low down in my belly who likes to tug on my organs, although not painful it can be a little uncomfortable at times!! Fell free to ask any questions in here, the ladies that already have their babies have been invaluable xx Oh and good luck xx
  • Hi, me too! I'm 8 weeks today.
    My twins are in the same gestational sac and share a placenta - is this the case with yours too?
    I get the odd pain down on one side of my stomach and putting it down to growing pains. xx
  • hey congrstulations i have 19 week old identical twin girls..
    i will echo what gemmiebaby said advice from real life mummys on here is much better then google
    xxx
  • hi yes they r sharing too the sac and the placenta can't wait for my 20wk scan see how they r getting on,its lovely being on here and having you all to talk to my babys r due on the 26th dec has anyone gone to there due dates with there twins and if not how soon did u have them? xx
  • Hi Peach - yay someone in the same position as me! Plus as you're ahead of me you may be able to give me some advice! Lol.
    My original due date was the 9th Feb but I've been advised that it will most prob be mid jan now.
    How are you feeling? Did you start to show early? Have you got a thin membrane seperating the babies? xx
  • my twins were in the same sac and shared one placenta.. there was no membrane seperating them which is the rarest twin pregnancy.. depending on where u live and your consultant will depend when they deliver u... my consultant told me in places lik elondon they will deliver at 32 weeks but most places wil let u go to 34/35 weeks as long as theres no complications.. mine had a growth resriction so were born at 33+5!!! xx

wild thing i replied on ur post and BE is telling me u have also replied but i cant see it :/
    xxxxxxx
  • hi wildthing,has far has i know there is no membrane seperating them but will find out more on my 20wk scan in 6 weeks yes i started show at about 11wks and im getting each week that past,where abouts in the uk r u? im from grimsby xx
  • hi the twin r mcma which is one sac and one placenta they r still doing fine xx