Forum home Babies Twins & multiples

sleeping through ????

To any twinmummies and multiple mummies,
i have identical twin girls who will be 11 weeks on thrusday, just wondering at what age did you lo start sleeping through and for how long. any suggestions welcome, please help thanx xxx debs xxx

Replies

• thanks crilly,
    it can be hard work but its definately worth it, they are getting to that stage where they are finding everthing entertaining and babbling to one another during the night which is quite amusing !!!
    hope your pregnancy is going well XXX
  • To be honest during the day they slept in the moses baskets, but at night they prefered to sleep together and have been that way ever since. They only slept in the moses baskets for 4 weeks and havent slept in them since and they cost ??80 each. hope this helps xxx
  • it is a big waste of money, if only someone would have told me that. They love sleeping in the same cot, its dead cute, they comfort each other if one them is crying and the other isnt. Me and my hubby bought them a fisher price calming vibrations baby bouncer cost29.99 each and it vibrates and they play music and have little dingly things they can pull when they get older and it plays music when they pull them. the twins love them. they are only waking for one feed durinf the night now xxx
  • i bought two bouncers and they are a god send you can put one baby in whilst feeding the other baby. i have one play mat fromfisher price called link-a-doos its really good all little things to stimulate, but certain things i have and will be buy different for them so they have more. At the beginning it was very hard adapting to two little bundles of joy, i was very ill after the birth because of what happened and my hubbies work werent that sympathatic so he wasn't off that long. But you learn to get on with it and you will antonish yourself how far you have come even during pregnancy. i was nearly tearing my hair out a 36 weeks and wanting to chin the doctor who said the ywanted me to go to 38 weeks. that didnt happen, my babies made an appearance at 36wks+4. thank goodness think if i'd have gone any longer they would have fell out of me. xXXXX
  • I'm not going to bother with moses baskets - not all babies will settle in them..... my sister bought one for each of her two kids and neither used them!
    I'm moving house at the moment - only next door, but we're going into a house rather than a flat. The house is split over three floors so to start with I'm going to have a cot on each floor and co-bed them. At first I'll have one cot in our room for night, then move it into the nursery whilst they are still sleeping together, then slowly try to put them in different cots once they are used to being in the nursery (that's the plan anyway - knowing my luck it won't happen that way as nothing seems to go to plan for us!)

Bouncy chairs have been recommended to me as well, and my mum (who's a foster parent with a 9month old at the moment) reckons that it's worth spending a bit more on the one's with toys attached and vibrations, etc, as it keeps them more occupied for longer. We've also been given a Fisher Price swing which you can have swinging front to back or side to side with lights and music playing - I'm going to see how they take to that and possibly invest in another one or two of those as well, although they are about ??100 each!
  • lowri, i have the fisher price bouncers that vibrate and have the toys on they play music too and are a godsend, worth every penny !!!