Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Hello - Can I join your club?

Hello, I found out today at an emergency scan that i'm expecting twins.... I'm only 8+1, so have a long way to go...

Any help or advise will be greatly received...

My lo will be 20 months when i'm due...

Sara x

Replies

• Options
    Hi. Firstly congrats!
    You've got plenty of time to go so I wouldn't worry too much about planning at the moment - just enjoy the fact you're having twins! You'll find everyone is fascinated, both during the pregnancy and when they finally arrive. It takes me ages to get round Sainsburys just because of all the people who keep stopping and peering into the pram....!

Definitely join TAMBA and see if there are any twins clubs locally. You can get plenty of stuff second hand from twin club sales.

I didn't actually have many symptoms with mine - even though they say you get double the amount of morning sickness. I had very little sickness so was pretty lucky I guess. I had my girls early by planned c-section, but that was because they were quite high-risk. Twins doesn't automatically mean you need to deliver early or need a c-section. My consultant was initially quite supportive of a natural birth which I thought was good (until we realised I couldn't). You probably will have a lot more scans than normal - I quite liked that as enjoyed keeping tabs on them!

Must go, my 2 are now stirring...... feeding both at the same time is a challenge I'm still getting to grips with!