Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Update on the babies

Hi everyone, its good to see you all doing so well. I thought I would just pop on here and let you know how my friends babies are doing now.
It has been a very up and down time with good and not so good news. The not so good news is the little boy alexander has had to have a heart op, but he is better now he has had it, still in neonatal but improving, unfortunately he keeps getting infections so they are holding the progress up. He had to go up to Bristol for the op but is back in Swansea now, he managed 30 hours off the ventilator but is back on it now because of the infections.
The two girls are doing extremely well, Megan who was a "middle weight" baby, born at just under 2lbs is now 3lbs 10oz and in a cot and has no assistance with her breathing, she just needs to gain more weight and then she can come home! Sophia is still doing well gaining weight but has been suffering with reflux and this sometimes affects her breathing so she still has some assistance, the two girls are together in a private cubicle and my friend hopes they will be home together and fairly soon, but Alex still has some way to go.
So a big cheer for all the babies for fighting so hard, we are all still praying for them but things are on the up!
Best wishes to all
Rhian x

Replies

• so pleased to hear the babies are making progress - hope the girls make it home soon and that alex isnt too far behind them. hope your friend is ok and taking care of herself. my daughter spent nine weeks in nicu and her brothers came home after only two weeks so i know how hard it is and the mixture of emotions she must be feeling.

S x
  • I've been reading yr posts but not posted back. I am so pleased to hear that things are stable. I wish them all the best and hope they continue to do well
    xx