Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Wierd Tummy Vibrations

Hi all,
I was wondering if anyone has felt wierd vibrations from their bump? I know this sounds odd but I had a really hectic day at work yesterday and am only just still in regular trousers ( 14 weeks today and off shopping for clothes later ). I hadnt had a chance to go to the loo all morning so got home, rushed to the loo and put my hand on my bump ( as you do ) and my hand was juddering, really quickly. i thought I was shaking but took my hand off my bump and nothing. It kept coming and going for about 1/2 hour. This is my third pregnancy and never felt anything like it before. Amnow worried that the babies were having some sort of fit! Midwife hadnt heard of it before and just said if no aching or bleeding then dont worry but I definitely ache more carrying these two that I have before. So do you think my trousers were too tight causing some kind of problem. I definitely felt better when I got into my loose pj's. Anyway, any thoughts would be appreciated.:\?

Replies

• Hi! I've had these too, but have no idea what it is! I got them about 14 weeks too and thought at first it was my mobile vibrating in my pocket! Don't get them so often now, but both my babies are growing well and healthy so don't worry about it too much. This is my fourth pregnancy and it is soooo different with twins!
    Jane (22+1 with id. boys)
  • I've been getting this too in the last few days. Am 13+1. The only way I can describe it is it feels like a twitchy nerve, almost like you get on your eyelid when over-tired
  • Oh my god - thankyou both of you for replying - was starting to think I was going mad! Next scan on 3rd Jan so really excited to see them - my little boy calls them sprout and parsnip - how very seasonal!! Happy Christmas xx