Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

FAO Dotty Jackie

Hi,

I was just wondering how you are getting on?

I know I'm starting to struggle now, their movements can be so strong its uncomfortable. But I am at the stage now where I feel them and can't wait to meet them, up till now I think I've still been worried about coping with them & preparing for them to be that eager & excited.

My dd tried to tickle them out recently & yesterday asked if they are ready to come out yet, bless her! So I think it may have sunk in for her what is happening, she loves babies so am hoping she'll love her siblings!

At my 28 (+4) week appointment last week I measured 34 cms, have my next scan on Monday and cant wait to see how much they think they weigh now. My bump certainly feels very heavy!

I hope all is well with you & your twin bump,

Lisa

Replies

• Hi Loopy,

I'm doing really well thanks, good to hear you are too. I had my 32 week scan on Tuesday and both boys were measuring at 33+4, so they are growing well. She has given them approx weights of 4lb 2oz at the moment. I'm booked in for my 36 week scan on the 8th Sep, although kind of hoping the boys will be here by then!! I know what you mean about movement, I found that since i've hit 30 weeks they have been so active. I'm now able to tell the movements apart, oh and the lowest twin is breach so unless they can turn in the next few weeks a c-section is looking likely.
    I saw my consultant yesterday and she's not budging on me being induced at 38 weeks, I was hoping they might bring it forward a little, but i suppose the boys are doing well so no need to bring them out any earlier than needed. Oh and I saw the midwife last week who measured me at 38 weeks. Walking around is becoming a struggle now so i'm glad i've finished work, i'm totally shattered!! Also glad we're pretyy much ready for the big arrival!!
    I have waffled on there haven't I !! Your dd sounds very cute, if only it was as easy as having a tickle to bring the babies out, bless her.

Keep me updated on how you're getting on, it's coming around very fast xx
  • Double post!!

[Modified by: Dotty Jackie on August 13, 2010 05:17 PM]

• Hi,

I had my 30 week scan today (am 30+1) and have been told they are 'spot on average' for weight, and are following the 50th centile perfectly as at the last scan too. He weighs approx 3lb 4oz, she weighs 3lb 5oz.

He is head down and in perfect position for delivery, he is twin 1 so needs to stay that way for a natural delivery. She is head up but from what i've been told they will turn her after he is born. Since the last scan they've moved a bit more side to side but not turned orientation, if that makes sense?

I can find it difficult to tell which twin I'd which when they move as they as their knees kind of meet in the middle! I get most of the movement at the top of my bump, he feet are tucked behind his head which is why I don't feel them but she is prob the cause of some frequent trips to the loo! Lol

I have a consultant appointment on Thursday (have scan at a different hospital) so hope to talk a little more about the actual birth. Though I have seen a different registrar each time and the last one was really grumpy! Next midwife appointment is at 32 weeks & then next scan at 34.

Am a bit concerned about how uncomfortable I'm going to get if they are not in a hurry to come out!!!

Could really not be long now for either of us, though from a teachers point of view I do want to get to September! Which I can't see why I won't at the moment . . .

I'm pleased to hear your boys are doing well, sounds like they are growing at a healthy rate. I guess it is better for our twins to stay put for as long as they can so that their bodies are prepared for the outside world - but I can also understand why you'd like them out a bit sooner! I work with someone who refused to go in at 37 weeks to have her twins born by c-section, she made it to 39 weeks!! I don't know how she coped those last 2 weeks as she must have been mega uncomfortable but she did it so they didn't need any special care. I wouldn't refuse to go in personally!
    The other 'twin mum' at work had hers at 32 weeks, one was just under 3lb, the other was 4lb something - she had been in & out of hospital being monitored every-other day so it really shows how different twin pregnancy's can be!

How are you feeling about having a c-section?

Do you have a 'bump belt'? I find mine helps carry the weight of the bump when I'm out & about, I managed to walk round a maze for a couple of hours at the weekend, with an ice-cream break of course & there is no way I could have done it with out the belt!

[Modified by: Loopy Loo on August 17, 2010 08:59 AM]