Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Twin birth naturally?

Hello ladies,we found out yesterday that we're expecting twins (non id she thought) and I was wondering if anyone had had natural births? I am really against having a C section unless totally necessary but can't find much info on the subject! I've had 2 natural births already,the last one was very quick (2 hours start to finish) and I feel like I've been thrown in at the deep end this time! I've NO idea what to expect,whether it's too different from a single natural birth,whether I'll have time to get to the hospital (40 mins away!) whether they are happy to allow natural births etc. Basically I have NO experience with this and would really appreciate any help! Thank you ladies!!

K 12+4

Replies

• Options
    Hi - I really wanted a natural birth with my twins, didn't happen!!! I had to have a c-section, not because babies were in distress, but I don't contract or dilate!!! I have a 21 month old (singleton), didn't contract or dilate with him either...

Lots of girls on here have had natural births, I hope it works out for you...

Sara
    twin boys 10 weeks old...
  • Options
    Hey, I'm like Sara7 i failed with a singleton as well, our lovely Em1983 has just delivered naturally and mms who had previous v births also delivered naturally.

the fact you have had sucessful previous births stands you in good stead. Your consultant will prefer you to have a vbirth and you will only have section if medically necessary.

The fact they are no id is better as well for normal births as statisitcally they have less complications.

Congrats on becoming a multiple mummy it really is the best

xxDBxx

Mum to id twins 23 months and 5 month lo

Ps its worth finding out your local twin club they often have twin antenatal days that are worth going too
  • Options
    Oooh good! Thanks ladies! Its lovely to hear from other twin mums,I've got 2 children already but this a whole new ball game! xx
  • Options
    i had a normal birth very quick with my first son 17 months and have twin boys 18 weeks (9 corrected) born at 31 weeks again born very quick one natural and one section due to cervix closing. Both fine.
  • Options
    hi
    i have 5 weeks old twin boys both born natural 27mins apart no stitches or nothing.i have had 5 normal deliveries before this aswelland both twins were head down.but i believe if twin 1 is head down v birth can be tried.
    if uwant any help just ask i will do my best,i have 7 kids so have been through a lot of births lol.
    mandy x
  • Options
    Hi congratulations on the impending twins, they are a blessing. I also had natural delivery for 2 year old and then non id twins now 6 months. I had very quick labour for first baby 31/2 hours start to finish and the girls were even quicker from first contraction to birth was only 1 hour 15 mins, i had only been at the hospital 35 minutes when twin 1 was born and twin 2 follwed 8 minutes later. My girls were born at 33 +4 .

The girls on here are really good and i am sure any questions that you have one of us will be able to answer for you.

Sarah xx
  • Options
    I have just given birth on the 21st at 36+6 (birth story just posted) to twin girls all naturally!! It can be done! x
  • Options
    just posted on your other thread aswell but i had a natural birth,it took 20mins to get to the hospital and i was 8cm dialated but when i got there i asked for the epidural and this slowed my contractions down so on this labour it took longer cos of that i thought but it took 6 hours and 21 mins from start to finish as my first pregnancy was only 4 hours and 30 mins,they was 9wks early and there 4wks old but there doing really well and fingers crossed will be out soon

sarah
  • Options
    Thanks everyone,the midwife will hate me as I've written 2 pages of questions already! fallenangel,fingers crossed your babies will be home soon xx

K 12+6
  • Options
    Firstly congratulations on your twin pregnancy. As Em1983 has just wrote a natural birth is possible with twins. I hope things go well and you can go for the natural birth. I gave birth to twin girls by elective section on 16th January at 38+5 weeks due to a previous emergency section.