Forum home Babies Twins & multiples

Twin movement - re-assurane

Hi, I'm sure I'm worrying unnecessarily, but I'm 20+2 with twins and have not felt them move once - nothing. Not a flutter, bubble, pop - nothing. I know everyone is different and I'm sure everthing is OK, but wondered if anyone else was late with feeling them.

I have my 20 week scan on Thursday and it can't come quick enough!

Nx

Replies

• like you said everyone is different,i felt movements very early on in my pregnancy but i think it was down to it been my second pregnancy,try and enjoy the peace becouse when they start moving and kickin you will not be able to rest :lol:

sarah
  • I didnt show till I was 18 weeks and didnt feel them till 22/23 weeks so try not to worry hun xxx
  • I didnt feel them move properly until 25 weeks but i got flutters from 18weeks when i was lyong in bes especially but defo enjoy the peace if you really feel summit isnt right speak to your mw image You know your body and abbies best xxxx
  • I was 20 wks when i felt them move too, after my scan also, so dont worry, x
  • I was the same hun, don't worry xx
  • thanks ladies, feel abit better, got 20 week scan tomorrow so really looking forward to that to make sure all is ok - think i'll stop worrying then!
  • Good luck for tomorrow! Are you going to find out the sexes? xx
  • Thanks snowangel. had scan (posted separate blog) - was amazing!

no, don't want to know the sexes - want the surprise.
  • Hi Bennetnic,
    Just being nosy, can you finally feel the twins moving?? And when did they start?? I'm 18 weeks today and waiting for the movement!! I think i've had a few kicks but can't be 100% sure if it's the babies or wind (the joy of pregnancy eh!). And i've not got my scan until the 18th May (seems like a lifetime) Anyway, hope all is going well xx
  • Hi Dotty, yes, at last, they both move!!! the movement are still more like flutters and bubbles rather than full blown kicks but sometimes there is one that will feel like a kick. i assume i will feel less with twins as there is less room? they are both breach at the moment and their feet are really low down near my pubic bone so it feels really weird. been feeling them for about the last 3 weeks so at about 22 - 23 weeks. so pleased, i love feeling them.

do you want to find out the sex of yours on the 18th?

i met a bloke last week at a conference who claims to have physic powers - he predicted i was having 2 girls - guess we'll have to wait and see....

good luck with your scan on the 18th!

nx
  • Hi,
    Thanks for your reply, you really have set my mind at rest!! Yes, we're going to find out the sex, my OH thinks we need to so we can be prepared, if it were just down to me I don't think I would to be honest, but he's very excited about it now. My OH thinks we're having girls, but he doesn't have psychic powers so we'll wait and see. If that guy was genuine then it could be true, I am a bit of a believer in all that. On that note I shal wait patiently for some movement and not get too worried xx