Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

hello !

I have not posted here or read any posts for AGES!
so just caught up a little!
my twins - ross and darcy are 21 weeks old now - and feeding every 2 and a half hours - i'm thinking they need some baby rice any opinions any one?!!!!

my little girl has had her 3rd birthday and is now looking forward to xmas.
things have really calmed down at home now - and she seems totally used to the twins! o the relief.
although i have to watch her at all times - and am still too scared to leave her alone in the room with them. as she thinks she is being a good lil mommy and is often too rough!

tonight i am taking the twins out of their moses baskets and they will be sleping in own room!!!!!!!!
hubby making cots with toddler as we speak!!!!

Replies

• Hi, Good to hear all is well, your twins were born about the time i found out i was having twins.

Something you wrote interested me tho, about moving out them out of the moses baskets and into cots (so they still fit in the moses baskets at 21 wks?)

Em x
    26+5 -Girls
  • yes they still fit!!! (one basket each though! they shared a basket for abot 4 weeks)
    last night they both had to have them back - cos they were missing them so much... they both like resting their head against the edge of the basket...
    i can only think its because they have always rested their heads agianst each other
    (a pose they slept in for the 1st 4 weeks - so cute!)

any way - i put them in their baskets - and then back into the cots...
    i am going to buy bumpers and put them down the length of the cots so that they can snug up against something nice and soft.
    the cot bars were a little harsh!

they can't sleep together as they kick each other if top to toe...
    and side by side one always is more restless than the other - and repeatedly bashes the other oin the face. I think it is to wake the sleeping one up - as when both are awake they lie side by side holding hands and cooing!

hope you are having an easy (!) pregnancy
    love Bunt
    x
  • Thanks for sharing your story, its great to hear other experiences. I have 2 moses baskets and cots, so we'll see how it goes. x
  • ooooh!
    i'm so excited for you!
    i know my twins are only 21 weeks and my lo has only just turned 3 - but i think i want another one (maybe twins again?!!!!!)
    ALREADY!

i totally love babies - why oh why did i not become a mom in my twenties...
    oh yes - chasing that career thing!

it is hard work - much more so than a day in the office - but i really love it.
    think i must be a wierdo!!!!

are your twins your 1st children ?
  • hi

ahhh bless them lol.

i have 2 moses baskets havent brought cots yet as dont have the room.

im 32+4 with twin boys,hoping theywill arrive soon,can i ask if u had them naturally or not please?

mandy x
  • Yes bunty my twins are my first...so i have no idea, lol. I am 25 yrs old too! x

I think its great how you feel! I am so excited to meet my girls now!
  • hello mandy
    i had my twins by emergency c - section...
    i was induced as they had stopped growing - bloody good job as Ross was 7lb4oz and Darcy was 6lb - at 38 weeks!!!!!!
    i spent two days on gas and air trying for a natural birth - but twas no good for me alas!
    the midwives reckon natural twin births are lovely though!
    (whatever rocks your boat i suppose!)

i had my 1st au natureul - and now know there are down sides to both methods - and they both hurt - but in different ways!!!!!

if i have any more kids i would probably try for natural again....
    but am not sure why - ??????