Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Resorted to using dummies

Didnt want to use dummies but boys are really restless in the evening and have resorted to dummies? we are so tired and it just seems the easiest option, they sort of seem to like them, may just use for evening as a last resort. Luke still has his dummy but only when tired. Comments please.

Replies

• hi
    i have dummies ready 4 my twins,all my other 5 used them.
    at the end of the day u need to sleep.

mandy x
  • on my first pregnancy i didnt want to use dummies ither but i needed the sleep and found it a god send,like mms iam gonna have them ready when my twins are born,you do what ever is best for you

sarah
    http://bd.lilypie.com/sg4fp1/.png

• Hi Soda

I use dummies for my girls too, I didnt for first baby but i think with multiples especially when they are not your onlt children you have to because you are not always able to tend to the babies straight away and if it gives them comfort and you some rest time then I cant see the harm,

Sarah xx

P.s have you heard anymore about Sara's babies???
  • ive used dummies for both my children, i dont think it does them any harm at all, my youngest is 13 months and still has his though only try to give him it when its nap or bed time. ive got them in my hosp bag for the twins just incase xxx
  • hi soda

with mine ross will happily suck on his dum - but darcy is a monster.
    there is no way she will suck one!
    it drives me mad and i wish she would have one!!!! she sucks her thumb - but can't reach it when strapped into a car seat which makes driving a noisy experience!

more power to the dummy i think!
  • hi soda

with mine ross will happily suck on his dum - but darcy is a monster.
    there is no way she will suck one!
    it drives me mad and i wish she would have one!!!! she sucks her thumb - but can't reach it when strapped into a car seat which makes driving a noisy experience!

more power to the dummy i think!
  • We use dummies and would not have been able to cope without them. My girls are almost 8 months now and are slowly weaning themselves off them.
    You have NOTHING to worry about using them, and don't let anyone make you think you are being a "bad mum" for using them!!