Forum home Babies Twins & multiples

Found and bought a car to fit 3 car seats!

Hi,

I posted a while ago asking about cars that would fit 3 car seats. We now have a vauxhall Zafira. We were lucky that they were offering huge discounts to us inc exchanging my dh's old mini that had huge problems. (didn't tell them that and they they found out it had previously been a write-off so good ridence to it!!)

We took it on a cheeky test drive to Halfords were we got them to check the way we'd fitting my dd's seat and the 2 baby seats we'll be using and they were impressed with how they fitted so took a huge weight off my mind!

I was scared about driving what to me looks like such a huge car but have fallen in love it it since we got it last Saturday! It's so light and comfortable to drive. I was already struggling with driving & my bump in my vw as have to lean forwards to look left & right but I can see mew driving for longer in this pregnancy than my last this time.

Thought I'd post this to help anyone else searching for a car that fits 3 car seats. I tried searching so many forums but got such conflicting messages from them. My advice would be to pick a garage close to a halfords & take it on a test drive there with car seats in the back. We didn't have a sales person on this test drive as had already put down a deposit on the condition our car seats fitted but any sales person who wants the sale should let you!!!!

(Oh and I went in saying "We've got a car on a test drive, could you please advise us if the car seats are safe and if not if you sell anything that would be?)

Replies

• Sorry for gatecrashing, glad you found a car to suit your needs! Can I ask which car seats it is you will be using? x
  • We have got a Britax Duo (I think) which my toddler is in. The silver cross baby group 0 car seat that goes with thier travel system for one baby that we had for our dd and we've been given a Britax first class plus seat that is suitable from birth for the other twin.

The only trouble is that if we use the isofix function on the Brittax duo the it sits to far over to get the middle seat in but luckily we have a strip that turns it into a non-isofix seat. We're using the isofix till the twins arrive though.