Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

IF YOU COULD GIVE ONE TIP

Hi, I'm pregnant for the first time, due in July/August with twins. Feel very positive some days and frightened to death the next. If you could give me one top tip for advice with twins, what would it be?

thank you

Replies

• Routine, Routine, Routine - and be flexible! I know, sounds stupid but if you have an idea of when things are 'supposed' to happen you can work your day around that and plan ahead

Try to get out as much as poss. It really does lighten your mood to get out and about in the fresh air. Ive been out all but 2 days since my boys were born.

Do as much as you can before you need it! I pack my bag when I get home from somewhere, just replacing what ive used, I fill 6 bottles with water at a time, I have 18 pots with milk premeasured on the side so I dont have to scoop in a hurry, I get the next days things ready the night before - clothes, bath stuff, fill nappy basket etc.

I asked hubby too and he said 'Take each day as it comes!'

The best piece of advice is not to stress. Unless you know someone with twins, noone knows what it is like. Many people will say that they have 2 children so know what twins are like...pah - I dont think so! You need to find your own way, and your own routine.

Oh, and make sure you plan an extra 20 or so mins onto a journey as you get stopped in the street by many a random stranger to admire your babies and ask the most stupid questions! lol

I know you wanted one piece, and ive rambled - as per bloody usual for me! lol

Gemma, Ryan and Alfie 19 weeks
  • Try not to be supermum as being a twin mum can be very overwhelming at first and DONT EVER compare yourself to a singleton mum (they have no idea).

Mrs WB XXXX
  • Something else.........SLEEP SLEEP SLEEP SLEEP before they come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My two are 10 months old and I have still not had a full uninterrupted night's sleep.

Mrs WBxxx
  • Something else.........SLEEP SLEEP SLEEP SLEEP before they come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My two are 10 months old and I have still not had a full uninterrupted night's sleep.

Mrs WBxxx

Mrs WBxxx
  • Yes...3 times if definitely a good amount for stressing how important that last post is!
  • Keep them in the same feeding routine otherwise u'll be constantly feeding! If ones asleep wake them and feed together even at night.

Let people help (i'm terrible for not doing this thou), ur not super mum .

Don't be afraid or upset to let one baby cry while u tend to the other it WONT HURT THEM!!

Good luck honey it really is a double blessing!

Lilac*, Jack & Poppy 8+4
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • 'Children grow up whilst you are not looking
    So there is plenty of time for cleaning and cooking
    so quite down cobwebs and dust go to sleep
    Im rocking my baby and babies don't keep'

Just enjoy them, it goes by so fast take it easy whilst your pg, listen to everyones advice but only act on the advice you believe in, and most importantly believe in yourself, it is scary it is daunting but you can do it.

• Enjoy every day!! It goes so fast.... can't believe my girls are 8 months old now seems like yesterday I was writing my birth story on here!!

xx
  • All of the above haha image My routine has saved my life....if you co-sleep themk (recommended) just make sure you separate them early as my two are 14mnths and im now having a nightmare separating them. Accept help and if somone is round and dishes are in the sink ask them to do it they wont mind image Also yes get out its scary going out alone for the first time but it gets easier and yes do plan 20mins extra on each journey as a million people will stop you haha. And be prepared for a lot of personal questions and stupid ones haha image Most importanlty enjoy it they grow up so fast my girls are 14m,nths old and im preg with my 3rd its just like where has the time gone image xxx