Forum home Babies Twins & multiples

Weaning

This is some time off yet for me as my twins are only 14 weeks but just wanted some advice from those of you with different size twins. Seth is now 12 lbs and piling it on fast, Eve however is still only just 10 lbs and quite a fussy little lady!!!

my HV has said I need to wean when they are ready which will mean at different times. I do want to do what is best for them but it seems such a faff having to go through it twice. I intend to wait until 5 and a half / 6 months so thought it would be fine to do them at the same time.

Anyone else been through this? Advice pleae xx

Replies

• i tried jack and charlotte at 17weeks,jack was more than ready but charlotte wasnt,so i stopped,i tried again when they were 6months old and jack wasnt interested but charlotte was,so i just kept on with it,jack not interested didnt last for long though :lol:

sarah
  • My girls have always been about 30% different in weight - it has settled to about 4lb now.
    I weaned them together as, whilst Lily is smaller, she still has a good appetite for her size and often drank more milk than her sister. I offered them the same foods at the same time and luckily they have more or less kept pace with each other. If they hadn't taken to it, I would've slowed down or stopped with one, or both of them but they seemed happy to tuck in so I let them.

xxx
  • I'd personally stick to weaning together! x
  • yes i'd agree aout weaning them together - i find my twins copy each other any way ...

also my daughter was smaller than her brother - but she atually took to solids better than him...
    so you never know!

good luck with it