Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

one baby smaller than the other

hi has anyone else experienced the following

went for scan at 30 +6 whilst both babies estimated weight is good baby 1 weighing in at 4lbs 11 baby 2 weighing in at 3lbs 7 the growth of the 2nd baby has dropped off, is this something to be concerned about.
back in to see consultant on thursday i will be 32 weeks he is going to scan me and check everything out then just worried that something is wrong although still feeling lots of movement.
hopefully thursday will put my mind at rest of not consultant ondicated babies could be here at 34 weeks which is only 3 weeks away.

Replies

• I had a scan 2 weeks before my twins were born and they said they weighed almost the same but when they were born Lillie was 3lb 13 and Jack was 5lb 11, I wouldnt worry about weight as docs will let you know if you need to start worrying! xx
  • hi
    this happened to me!
    my twins are now nearly 3 weeks old...
    they say these weights they can get from scans can be out by 15% either way - so don't worry.
    when it happened to me i just had to go for about a million scans (ok - one every week - but it felt like a million!) in the end i carried on growing my twins til 38 weeks and they were born weighing 6lb, and 7lb 4oz. the doctors were expecting them to be 5lb. so my last few weeks of resting and eating did them good!
    i would totally not worry if i were you - which is easier said than done! just get loads of rest and carry on eating well. the doctors and consultants totally look after us twin moms - so as soon as there is a problem they will sort i out!
    good luck chick