Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Dress same or different

What do other twin mums do? I tend to dress different as they different people to me, although they may have same top different bottoms and vice versa.

Replies

• Options
    Hey sorry replying to both new posts in one.

Firstly excellent news that your boys r doing well, cant believe its 15 weeks already! Has the hv suggested infant gaviscon? my friends lo had this and it made a noticable difference. (she was also using prescription milk)

as to dressing them, I like same but different, ie same style coat but different colour, but they have their own clothes in their own wardrobe, and they know whos clothes are whose. If you forget and try and put the wrong top on the wrong child a screaming fit will start, so now i ask before i put it on, and they are only 22months so can only imangine how particular they will be by the time they are 5.

The only time i dress them the same is if im going somewhere busy where they will be able to run about like a soft play area. I usually put them in a bright orange top as i find it easier to keep an eye on them both. It also helps as other mothers realise that you have twins and you are not just being a bad mother n letting one cry, its just you are tied up with the other. i find people are more helpful/understanding then.

xxDBxx
  • Options
    Well while mine are babies (well at least most of this the first year), I will be dressing my girls the same, I have 2 of everything I have bought so far upto 6 months.

However as they get older and have dif personallties and a voice like DB's Im sure this will change!

Em x
  • Options
    I have to say i do both, if they are having photo's done then i tend to dress them the same. Day to Day i try to dress them different but do have a lot of matching clothes or same clothes different colours!