Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Same or Different?

Can I ask you mums to twins/triplets what you have done/planning to do, re having the same/different stuff? I think I will dress them the same or very similar until they are able to make up their own minds but dont know what to do with equipment like swings? On one hand I want them to have the same so there is no jealousy (twin book said that they can tell from a very early age that the other one is different!), or have different and switch them round so that they can have the best of both worlds? Your opinions would be great.

Debbie
16+1
xxxx

Replies

• I'm having triplets and I'm planning on treating them as individuals. Some things, like coats, etc, we've bought the same, but with other things we're buying three different, or three things the same but in different colours, etc.

With toys, I'm buying some things in triplicate, but other, big things in singles, but getting three different items - i.e. a swing, a playmat and a baby gym, so that they can all experience all three things in turns - we just couldn't afford to buy three of everything!