Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Steriod Injections

Can anyone remind me what you get these injections is it around 32 weeks and then 36 weeks? cant remember. Not sure when I next see a consultant just been having regular scans. Seems there is lack of communication between midwife and hospital. I seem to make my own apt with midwife when I need.

Replies

• hi soda,
    why are you having steroid injections?
    i had steroid injections 2 weeks before my twins were born. that was becasue i was threatening to go into to labour. it was to get the twins lungs more mature in case they were born premature. at my hospital they don't do that routinely though...
    sorry i can't answer your question... but i feel guilty if i read and don't make a stab at a reply! i know i am mad.
  • The injections are as you say for their lungs, she said I would get them incase they came early. The names you have given the babies are nice names slightly different but not weird if you get me. We not sure yet. Glad to hear you are doing well. Luke had colic so they said i reckon he was just windy as he was never much of a crier and went down to sleep well, but we did not swap formula he used to get dentinox with his feeds, which helped. I would stick to Aptamil. I def getting the Powertwin plus defnately one car seat, possibly two. Your is the one with three wheels isnt it? Going to see my friends twins tomorrow they about 15 weeks. Glad to hear you coping cheers me up. I getting lots of stick about how big I am people are so rude, and am just waiting for the IVF question. Had today off work as felt so low, just fed up of the your big how you coing to cope comments. I always use you as a reference now, and say my friend lost all her weight and is coping great thank you and she has 2 year old!?!?!?!? so stick that where the sun dont shine. Sorry I having a rant day. Hope to speak soon.
  • Hey

Im surprised your hospital is gonna give these to you routinely as they do carry risks and are usually (at least in the hospitals near me) only given if you are threating labour as they are more effective if the are given a few days before you give birth. I know a lot of twins who made it untill 36 weeks gestation and they didnt have injections, i had them at 32 as i went into labour but wouldnt have had them otherwise. xxDBxx
  • oh soda
    those people at work are probably jealous - EVERYONE wants to have twins! i am so sure that people do say these nasty things because they are jealous...
    my mother-in-law is a good example! she is gagging for me to have post natal depression. it's her 1st question every time she rings me... but i def have not got it. last nite she said she felt sorry for me - and she can tell from voice that i have got depression really.

number1: don't feel sorry for me - i am the mother of 3 gorgeous babies!
    I'M SO LUCKY!!!!!!

number2: at 10.30 pm - my voice is tired NOT depressesd!!!!!

give me a break!!!!!!!

plus i was trying to watch big brother stuff on E4 - so not really in the most chatty of moods... i have this sad addiction which is funny really. there are all those people locked in a house with just a garden, and then there's me watching it - locked in my house with 3 bambinos- mostly we only make it to the garden too!
    but we have much more interesting conversations about winnie the pooh, and the disney princesses!!!!

big hugs to you!
    x

• did you get side effects form your steroid injections crilly?
    i went red as a beetroot looking like a bad case of sun burn...
  • yes i had to stay in after too.
    but only for 3 weeks.

the woman i nthe bed next to me was having same injections - and we both had red sunburn.
    wierd!