Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Just had my scan - TWINS!

Hi
I am 12 + 6 and went for our scan this morning to be told we are expecting TWINS!! ARGH! What a shock as there are none in the family but the nurse said the older you are at conceiving the higher the chance ( I am 36 ) we have a 6 year old boy who is very excited but he wont know until I pick up from school that there are two. I just cant beleive it. No wonder I have felt so sick and bloated!! Anyway, just had to share the news to try and absorb it all.

Replies

• hi
    congrats lol..
    do u know if they are id or not?
    im 36+4 with twin boys .

mandy x
  • haha! that was my reaction!! Total shock - so know exactly how you feel but i'm only 26 with twins on my Dad's side.

anyway congrats.... are they identical? Mine are in seperate sacs with their own placentas so non-identical.

xx
  • Oh gosh - I havent a clue. They are sharing the same placenta so does that mean they will be identical?? My hubby is now frantically hoping sales will grow to help pay for the two of them!
  • Congratulations and welcome!

It's a lovely shock tho isn't it?!

I am carring twin girls and am 31 wks!

Em x (25 yrs old)
  • congratulations,brilliant news,ive known since i was 7wks pregnant and was so excited mine are non identical and iam having a boy and a girl
    sarah
    http://bd.lilypie.com/sg4fp1/.png

• Our little boy was so amazed when we showed him the scan photos. I think we are all still in shock ! I dont think I'm gonna sleep much tonight. Congratulations to all of us expectant mums !!!
  • If they are sharing a placenta they will be indentical.

I've also been told that non-identical twins run in the family, and identical twins are just luck!
    xx

[Modified by: snowangel on December 12, 2008 01:01 PM]

• How annoying i posted reply last night and it is not here - bloody computers!! Hello and welcome. Congratulations - a nice shock I hope. I am 33+5 pg with twins. Each have own placenta and keeping sexes a surprise. Will be sectioned at 37/38 weeks if all continues to go well x
  • Congratulations! I am 20+6 with identical boys. I found out at the 12 week scan too. There are no twins in my family, but I have been told that identical twins don't run in families anyway. I am 35 and already have 3 kiddies aged 17, 12 and 10. Good luck. You are one of us lucky ones! Jane x