Forum home Babies Twins & multiples

how do you.......

cope with twins or triplets? i dont have twins or triplets but i have a 2 1/2 yr old and a 9month old and have just found out im pregnant with my 3rd. im really scared that i wont be able to cope. were not financially stable and our relationship hasnt been great at the moment. i am so worried that i wont cope and am just wondering how you do it?!!

Replies

• have you got someone to help you out? you will find a way to manage,you just do,i do get a bit of help from mil which some days its a god send,i have 11 month old twins and a 2 1/2 year old boy,the one bit of advice i can give you is routine,i wouldnt be without mine
    good luck

sarah
  • You just cope lol! You dont think you will but you do its like something inbuilt! I almost died when i found out i was having twins thought i would never be able to cope and then when my partner left me and i was single with them i was like OMG but i got into a routine as Fallen angel said! They are great hard work to get them into it but then its great! My twin girls are one on friday and i have a new partner who has been amazing i must say and really helped with the girls! You dont be afraid to ask for help if you need it! In a way it will be harder for you because at least with me i had two the same age and they wanted the same thing at the same time where as your gunna have 3 children wanting diff things at diff times which is where your routine will come in! Start it now with the 2 you already have try and make sure your baby is sleeping thorugh (if not already) and that you 2 1/2 year old isn't threowing too many tantrums and listens (May do this already i have the errible two's to look forward too lol) you eldest will amaze you with how much help they give! My friend just had her 2nd and her first is 2 and she fetches nappies and creams and sits with her sister and the baby adores her its sooo cute! My friend is a single parent and she swears by her routine too lol! But she worked hard during her pregnancy to make sure her eldest had a routine that she liked and that worked for my friend also! She worked extremely hard toexplain that she was having another baby but that didnt mean she didnt love her and it miminimised the jelousy when ppl brought things for the baby she made sure that her eldest got something small too so she didnt get jelous or feel left out and this helped the bond with the baby! You have probly been through this with you first when you had your second! Im just giving you ideas of what worked for my friend image
    As for your relationship having another baby is a great reason to try and soprt out your reltaionship whether its a good chat or some time apart thats needed its better to talk it through than suffer you need to feel secure especially now!
    Also another tip is dont worry about the mess you have 2 children of course theres gunna be mess and if the neighbour calls round and theres washing and ironing piles or toys on the floor dishes in the sink and you have happy babies then who cares! I mean im not saying you have to live in a mess but it doesnt have to be pristine all the time i exhausted myself when the twins arrived trying to keep the flat tidy me tidy them tidy and happy to prove to whoever popped round that i was coping but i was exhausted emotionally and physically after 2 weeks! My mum came round and explained what i just said and from then on ppl who come round help me lol! If the twins are screaming and im dealing with them they wash the dishes lol! Its easier now when Sams here ill admit but i know that if for whatever reason he wasnt around anymore then i could do it alone! image As long as you have some support then you will cope! image And we'll be happy to help in whatever way we can! Hope this eased your worry's a lil a good essay to read haha! Anytime ya wanna chat image xxx
  • thanks girld!! that really makes me feel better!!xx
  • it might sound silly but you just do. you have to. i have 3 1/2 year old twins, a 2 1/2 yeaer old and am now expecting my fourth. i'm a single mother and everyone hasd said how will you manage?? at the end of the day i don't have any choice! lol