Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Going from 1 to 3 lo's

For those that have had a Lo and then had twins have you got any hints and tips?
whether its early days tips, when they've got a bit older anything may help cuz i dont know anyone thats gone from 1 baby (he's nearly 2 but still my baby) to 3 babies

We have tried to explain he's got a brother and sister, and moved him a while ago now from the big bedroom, (that was his that will be the twins room), to the smaller room and got him his own big bed, we have also had out travel cot set up so we can explain thats not his its his brother and sisters and he's not to try to climb in it, also we are going to get him a present from them both, so i think we may have just about got him sorted to combat jealousy but i dont know whether theres anything else i should be thinking about or should know?!

MummyD
http://lbdf.lilypie.com/dY32p1.png

http://lb2f.lilypie.com/ls1np1.png

Replies

• daniel was nearly 2 when i had jack and charlotte and tbh he didnt understand,we kept telling him he was gonna have a baby brother and sister and when they came home he wouldnt have much to do with them,it took him a while,lucky for me the twins were in a good routine and didnt need much attention so that went all on daniel and when they started crying and i was doing something with daniel i just let them cry for a min' while i was playing with daniel,now there 8 months and they love there brother,he can do anything and they will sit in there chairs and just laugh at him,daniel sometimes interacts with them but i guess its just down to patient's hes getting there and just keep doing what your doing

sarah
  • My little boy was 13 months when i had my twin boys and he been fine with them but then to be honest he hasnt really ever known any different. He entertains them and is careful around them and veery aware of them. He has never shown any jealeously towards them never pushed them out of the way when your holding them and he been great.
  • hiya
    my little girl was 2 and a half when i had my twins - a boy and a girl.

she was very touchy feely from the start as she thought she had 2 baby borns (but come to life!). Now she is 3 and the twins are 15months. they all play lovely together. she gets a bit fed up with their choice of dvd - Thomas the tank engine. but other than that no problems now!

i bought ava a present from her twins. a peppa pig rocket - she has recently looked at it - and wondered how did the twins get this when they were in your tummy? i told her they are really clever, and a couple of days later she said she wished she was clever like them!!!

i am doing my best to bring my little group up as a 3some. instead of ava and the twins. thay are currently sharing all toys and seem to get on well. a few fights - but all good really!

i really wish i had moved ava from her big room to the smaller one as i now have 2 babies in the smallest room... never mind!
    i aim to split the twins at some stage - and have 2 girls togheter although now i do not know when to do this!
    o the preoblems i face!!!!